Lautaro Martinez

So who do you suggest to replace Agüero then because we won’t pay for haaland who is my number one choice mpabbe will be Madrid bound . I like Jimenez from wolves but he is not really on the radar and Harry Kane will cost over £130 million and is definitely not worth that .

We have still few good years left to wait how things settle and what is outcome of new young players. Haaland is not far from Martinez and he is not that much better than Jesus. I think we should give Jesus more time concidering the corona time. And if we really need one after few years when Aguero leaves then try Haaland. Or maeby Felix has matured then? or Someone totally new.

We have still few good years left to wait how things settle and what is outcome of new young players. Haaland is not far from Martinez and he is not that much better than Jesus. I think we should give Jesus more time concidering the corona time. And if we really need one after few years when Aguero leaves then try Haaland. Or maeby Felix has matured then? or Someone totally new.

If we want Haaland, or Martinez, we have to do it now imo, or be ready to break our rule of not paying absolute top money in an auction.

If either are deemed top quality by the usual spenders, in another year or so, then they will go for stupidly over the top, ridiculous fees rather than just the ridiculous fees they cost now.

Jimenez at Wolves would be a much better investment than Martinez. Premier League experience/success counts for a great deal.
Picking the best player counts for more. I don't know who the best player is and while there may be arguments over some of our defensive buys over the past few years not so much attackers. If Pep and Txiki think Martinez has the skills we are looking for then that's fine by me.

That’s the first time I’ve seen him play but big players are bought because they tend to deliver at money time:

1) He was 1-on-1 with Navas and whilst I accept Navas is quick and experienced, a 100mil striker has to at least get a good shot away certainly not just lose the ball in the manner he did

2) He was always on his arse at the slightest touch. I accept everyone was at it last night so that might not be typical of him but he simply won’t get away with that playing for us. United or Liverpool, maybe but not with City

3) If Jesus had played like that in a final I’d have been all over the Jesus thread giving him grief

In summary, if we are in for him, I hope that was a serious off night and not a microcosm of a season I.e looks alright when it’s going well but when the chips are down he’s no good to anyone - the last thing we need is someone who disappears
Sadly, it is. He is a poor man's Tevez with traces of Neymar diving in him.

If we want Haaland, or Martinez, we have to do it now imo, or be ready to break our rule of not paying absolute top money in an auction.

If either are deemed top quality by the usual spenders, in another year or so, then they will go for stupidly over the top, ridiculous fees rather than just the ridiculous fees they cost now.
Barca, real and juve will all be after a top striker next summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.