Manctopia on BBC2

The bubble has to burst at some point. They always do. I remember after the last crash you could pick up an apartment in Beetham Tower for less then £100k.

I don’t believe you could. They have held there value very well. Might have been one maybe sold at auction but not a chance that low for the vast majority. I have built apartments pretty much solid for twenty plus years now and there is so much nonsense spouted by people who are not informed that it is amazing. The new apartments built have an occupancy rate of circa 95 percent. The stock from the last cycle is tired and people want more amenity and provision and a better lifestyle. Pre covid the city was flying and becoming more of a beta city. It will bounce back well I am sure. You can’t go wrong with a property in the inner ring road. Absolute no brainier.

You ever heard anyone say there are too many houses in London???

I don’t believe you could. They have held there value very well. Might have been one maybe sold at auction but not a chance that low for the vast majority. I have built apartments pretty much solid for twenty plus years now and there is so much nonsense spouted by people who are not informed that it is amazing. The new apartments built have an occupancy rate of circa 95 percent. The stock from the last cycle is tired and people want more amenity and provision and a better lifestyle. Pre covid the city was flying and becoming more of a beta city. It will bounce back well I am sure. You can’t go wrong with a property in the inner ring road. Absolute no brainier.

Reading these last two pages is infuriating.

They don’t want progress or wealth coming to Manchester, just so long as it continues to stink of piss so they can reminisce.

The kind of person who prefers City when we were shit.

The more apartments that go up, the more quality on offerthe more options people will have to live in decent gaffes for affordable prices.

Manchester is far better than it was 20 years ago and in 20 years it’ll be far better than now.

Since 2013 I’ve lived in the city centre for 4 of the last 7 years and I can tell you the reason you pay extra is because you can walk to a well paying job.

The bubble has to burst at some point. They always do. I remember after the last crash you could pick up an apartment in Beetham Tower for less then £100k.

Completely. There’s not going to be enough work to go around.

The trains are awful as is Manchester Airport. The city can’t cope with this influx and overpopulation.

I was in the lift in the Beecham Tower once and Bojinov got in. I know this has know relevance to the discussion but I thought I would share my only Bojinov story.

Manchester is far better than it was 20 years ago and in 20 years it’ll be far better than now.

Define better? Not all of us identify with craft beer and gourmet burgers. We want houses with little gardens.

Ordinary people who made the city special are being forced out for new arrivals. Gentrification has killed London too.

Define better? Not all of us identify with craft beer and gourmet burgers. We want houses with little gardens.

Ordinary people who made the city special are being forced out for new arrivals. Gentrification has killed London too.

Plenty of houses in Manchester with little gardens? Lakes an hour and a bit away. An airport that can take you anywhere in the world? Peak District an hour away and Yorkshire dales. North wales to visit. Tonnes of local football teams to watch. An arena and another’s one the way. Job opportunities. Lovely parks such as Tatton Park, Heaton Park. Amazing pubs. Good down to earth people and of course City.

I have a drive out nearly every Sunday to a country pub or a bike ride to one.

I honestly think it is an incredible place to live mate. I am sorry you don’t seem to have settled anywhere but I am a proud Mancunian and have loved living here all my life.

Think a place is what you make it.

I don’t drink craft beer, I eat all kinds of burgers and I live in a house with a little garden.

It’s better because of the tram network, it’s better because it’s economy has vastly improved and there’s loads of opportunity (Covid-19 apart), it’s better because there’s so many nicer areas in the city centre - spinningfields, St Peter’s square, Castlefield, Ancoats etc. 15 years ago you wouldn’t be seen dead in Ancoats, now it’s a hub of bars, restaurants, stylish apartments converted from the Mills.

Manchester is retaining the good parts of its culture, as above and the general feeling in the city but is combining it with an economy and comfortable living.

The worst bits of Manchester are the bits that have always been there, the crime and the scroats selling drugs.

Some of my close mates are southerners and have rented in the city centre and then bought houses in south Manchester, working in town still and they have fully bought into the city and we’re better for having people like them in the area.

It’s basic economics that the more city centre living built, the cheaper it will be and long may they continue to build.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.