Holiday advice

Does that mean they think Spain will open up after those dates? Or is it just a line in the sand (no pun intended)?

Line in the sand I'm afraid.

Jet 2 and other liners are frustrated by lack of communication from the government and having to change things at last minute impacting customers and their operations.

Jet 2 seem to review the situation each Thursday/Friday

Best indicator at the moment are the daily rates (per 100k?) any country as a whole that exceeds 20 is likely to remain off the safe list.

Last edited:
Looks like further Spanish cancellations from Jet2 until 12th Sept and Tui until 11th.
I think you’re right. Jet2 have just cancelled our flight to Majorca on the 7th September, there appears to be another spike starting there so I’m not that bothered. The Bastards!

Jet2 have cancelled Balearics for the rest of summer.
Canaries and mainland will be revisited in another week but if no changes then the resume date keeps going back.

Jamaica, Czech Republic and Switzerland are now no go.

Where will the country darts land next Thursday?

Looking forward to a week in Rome in a couple of weeks as Croatia is a no go for me. I considered going and having a 2 week quarantine but you can't even leave the house for a 30 minute isolated walk which is fair enough.

I would love to have gone to Zante but can't risk it with the uncertainty, infection rates in Italy are very low and remain that way. Booked a fantastic hotel with free cancellation so excited to explore the Roman sites, architecture and enjoy great food.

I should be able to swap my Croatia flight to Rome from Friday so I'm settled on this approach. I considered the Algarve but it will be rammed and it's full of golf tossers.
I’m on the Amalfi Coast right now.
Looking forward to a week in Rome in a couple of weeks as Croatia is a no go for me. I considered going and having a 2 week quarantine but you can't even leave the house for a 30 minute isolated walk which is fair enough.

I would love to have gone to Zante but can't risk it with the uncertainty, infection rates in Italy are very low and remain that way. Booked a fantastic hotel with free cancellation so excited to explore the Roman sites, architecture and enjoy great food.

I should be able to swap my Croatia flight to Rome from Friday so I'm settled on this approach. I considered the Algarve but it will be rammed and it's full of golf tossers.
I am on the Amalfi Coast right now. Amazing food here and Pompeii not far away.
Weird time at the Airport - virtually empty.
Italy Covid figures are rising again and the South are livid with the North.Also loads of migrants landing in Sardinia.
Lovely Country and lots of English spoken around here.

Does that mean they think Spain will open up after those dates? Or is it just a line in the sand (no pun intended)?

Spain infections are on the increase so there still remains an opportunity to receive a TUI £500 booking incentive for holidays cancelled down after the 13th September. Obviously a faint glimmer that they may continue holidays to the mainland but I sincerely doubt it within a fortnight. The £500 reward which we partook of for Greece is still available if your holiday is cancelled due to Covid and you rebook a more expensive holiday before the offer of a voucher is received. If your alternative choice is less than £500 more you will receive the lesser sum.

On a different note we have been using TUI since 1978 via the old Thomson Holiday model and I cannot think of a time that they did not join the T's Dot the i's and put u us in the middle so a big well done for your splendid service. I do not wish to big them up too much as I have an invested interest in their model so wont except to say the £500 offer is beyond the generous. However they are playing silly bratwursts at the moment by being overtly defensive with our rightful claim to 800 euros compensation. I filled out there hush hush hidden form rather than go through the CAA as it can take longer and inputted the details of the trip and 15 hour delay and this is the response I got..

Dear Mr Gun​
Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us regarding your flight delay claim for flight TOM**** on **/08/2020 from ** to MAN.​

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate Mr and Mrs Gun on our flight manifest. Please check the details and ensure that the spelling/format of names exactly match your booking confirmation, then resubmit your claim.

Please double check the spelling of your name, date of birth and TUI holiday booking reference - this should match your booking confirmation exactly.

If you flew on a TUI flight, but did not book a TUI or First Choice holiday package - Please do not include your third party booking reference on the web form. Please do not include any special characters ( - ' ) or include any middle names, as these details must match our manifest exactly.​

For further information regarding the EC261 legislation and your eligibility, please visit our website here.

Once you have checked the above, please resubmit your claim here or email us: Claims.flightdelay@tui.co.uk

Once again, thank you again for contacting us.​
Yours sincerely,​
TUI Airways​

So I responded by sending PDF copies of our actual boarding cards that I had to forage from our outside bins that had tomato sauce all over them from our first home meal of Bangers And Beans By Heinz. Also I sent them a letter that they actually sent us apologising for the delay due to breakdown and that our flight was ineed 15 hours delayed. I am awaiting their response tomorrow and do hope this is not another dreadful Currys OLED like debacle as we will fight the good fight down to our last gasp of breath as we are working class heroes that have had our noses put out of joint by shit mechanicals. We really did have to be back in Blighty to allow our daughter to join her family in Scarborough for their holiday as we were booked to look after our youngest 2 year old grandson for them. I truly truly hope I do not have to get my silks and wig out of retirement as I will with great expediency fight and wrestle their Germanic trews off until dutiful justice is returned to our blessed realm. You see it is enshrined in European law that we should receive compensation at the going rate for this delay and so god bless the Union. The law states our delay was under 3500 kilometres and mid haul therfore as we were unceremoniously kept from our flight for more than the precribed 4 hours we should receive 800 euros and I will not sleep until I get it even though my old hide tires at this current moment. By Jove I am not covetous for gold nor care I who doth feed upon my cost it yearns me not if men my garments wear such outward things dwell not in my desires. But if it be a sin to covet honor I am the most offending soul alive no faith, my coz, wish not a man from England. God's peace I would not lose so great and an honor as one man more methinks would share from me for the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more! Rather proclaim it through my host that he which hath no stomach to this fight, let him depart; his passports shall be made and crowns for convoy put into his purse. We would not fight in that man’s company that fears his fellowship to fight with us. It's our monkey and you are not having it TUI! That is all:

Last edited:

Italy Covid figures are rising again and the South are livid with the North.Also loads of migrants landing in Sardinia.

Is that due to alleged breaking of local lockdown rules and poor practice?

Toying with the idea of the Amalfi Coast or Sicily. We've got Croatia booked later in the month by Jet2, expecting that to be cancelled by them later this week.

Sounds awesome apart from the rising figures. I think it's a great time to visit places like Venice and Rome. There's lower footfall with there being no American tourists or cruise ships etc. I'm holding off booking flights until next week.

I amazingly received a cash refund over the weekend for my Croatia flight which wasn't cancelled. I happily rang up to swap the flights to Rome (even though there was a price difference in their favour), the airline wanted £150 extra even though the Rome flights were cheaper. When I mentioned this, the girl just offered a credit note or refund. I got very lucky with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.