Players who underperformed at City but were great elsewhere

Cityfan

Seeing the George Weah thread we've had a fair few of them down the years, some gave CIty a bit of decent service but many had far better days elsewhere. So your team that underperformed at City but were quality elsewhere.

Seaman

Maicon
Boateng
Kolo Toure
Pearce

Hargreaves
McManaman
Viera

Channon
Weah
Fowler

Would make a pretty tasty 11 at their peak , but not during their City playing days.

Mick Channon was fantastic at City loved watching his runs down the right.
Yeah, I got pretty good memories of Channon, a long time ago though.He has since become a decent racehorse trainer, and Franny was too, to a lesser extent, infact there might be a few more ex players gone into training. Anyway, I will suggest Savic as a more recent one.

Seeing the George Weah thread we've had a fair few of them down the years, some gave CIty a bit of decent service but many had far better days elsewhere. So your team that underperformed at City but were quality elsewhere.

Seaman

Maicon
Boateng
Kolo Toure
Pearce

Hargreaves
McManaman
Viera*

Channon
Weah
Fowler

Would make a pretty tasty 11 at their peak , but not during their City playing days.

*Great Player
The guy was class for us.

Some of those were just at the end of their careers which I think is a bit different to not doing it at City but doing it elsewhere.

Regardless, Vieira did ok for us when called upon and doesn’t deserve to be on this list.

Pearce also had a good season as captain on our way to promotion.
In my intro I said some gave City decent service, I would certainly agree that Viera and Pearce both had reasonable seasons and were good to see but they were well below what they had been in their pomp.

Yeah, I got pretty good memories of Channon, a long time ago though.He has since become a decent racehorse trainer, and Franny was too, to a lesser extent, infact there might be a few more ex players gone into training. Anyway, I will suggest Savic as a more recent one.
My memory of Channon was him spending most of a game on his arse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.