2020/21 - A New Season

Personally I think unless we change the way we play at the back, and work harder to get the ball back like we did in the two title winning seasons then it’s going to be more of the same. Hammering some teams, particularly those in the bottom half of the table where we hardly dropped a point last season but then losing against the better organised ones with quick forwards. Wolves away first game isn’t a great one to start with.

The left back situation isn’t great but we have won two titles with makeshift left backs so it’s not that alone that will cause us problems.
We might have another in Ake

It’s a strange season this for city.

Covid
Empty stadiums
Pep last year
A few players that need moving but offer experience.
A few old players

I will take top 4 & get ready for 21/22 season with a new manager & prob 4 or 5 top new players coming in.

it’s a season for preparation blues & they still deserve our full support. Let’s get our young players ready & say thanks to pep & the old guard like fern, Gundy, Aguero who will all be gone soon.

Utd, Chelsea & arsenal have improved but let them have their one season. I still think with pep we will finish top 3. I still wouldn’t rule out messi in xmas either,

I think without the addition of a another quality CB and LB well continue to struggle defensively in the same way we did last season. The chances of Laporte missing a lot of games through injury is high and unless Cancelo can step up to make LB his own position that area is also a major weakness. If we can plug those gaps we should do well because we’ll continue to score plenty of goals, but at the moment I’m not convinced we’ll be competitive in the league. Hopefully Liverpool have a title winning hangover season. The top 4/5 positions will be a lot more competitive than last season though, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd all look stronger.

Is this the predictions for the new season thread then?

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
United

City

We had one massive achilles heel last season. And if City add Koulibaly to Ake I don't see a weakness. Possibly not the best at left back and defensive midfield is a bit slow but I don't think that would stop us. A small worry would be Aguero/Jesus. I think we are at a point where Jesus needs to play but if Aguero doesn't play his level might drop. Balancing Jesus and Aguero's games could be awkward.

Chelsea are an unknown. I think they are making a big gamble on their defence which fell apart at the end of the season. I have little idea how they will gel but I was very impressed with Pulisic at the end of the season. Can he stay fit though. I don't know much about Werner but goal-scoring was a problem for them last season.

Arsenal

Great job from Arteta. They always had good players. I don't see a weakness in that squad.

United

Fernandes was a good buy and brought the best out of Martial but I can't see them challenging for the title unless they buy a central striker and central defender. And there doesn't seem much sign they will do so.

Liverpool

I think Liverpool may dip a lot. Their intensity levels may drop off and I think they will face a problem whereby teams drop off a lot from them. Their strategy of using their midfield to win the ball high up the pitch leaving Mane and Salah one on one will be dealt with next season.

You need to buy players when you are on top and they will regret not doing that.

City and the dippers are still head and shoulders above the rest, can see another close call with City winning the title ... That's not arrogance or complacency, it’s just the way it is at the moment ... This Covid shit has really put the dampers on my love for football, think I’m going to struggle to get it back ... :-(

Liverpool

I think Liverpool may dip a lot. Their intensity levels may drop off and I think they will face a problem whereby teams drop off a lot from them. Their strategy of using their midfield to win the ball high up the pitch leaving Mane and Salah one on one will be dealt with next season.

Me and a lot of people thought liverpool would " dip a lot " last season after they pushed us to the max in 2019

They didn't though,and went to another level that left us in their shadow in 2020

One positive in my opinion,most of our squad cruised and went through the motions last season,they should
be up for it,hopefully.

Is this the predictions for the new season thread then?

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
United

City

We had one massive achilles heel last season. And if City add Koulibaly to Ake I don't see a weakness. Possibly not the best at left back and defensive midfield is a bit slow but I don't think that would stop us. A small worry would be Aguero/Jesus. I think we are at a point where Jesus needs to play but if Aguero doesn't play his level might drop. Balancing Jesus and Aguero's games could be awkward.

Chelsea are an unknown. I think they are making a big gamble on their defence which fell apart at the end of the season. I have little idea how they will gel but I was very impressed with Pulisic at the end of the season. Can he stay fit though. I don't know much about Werner but goal-scoring was a problem for them last season.

Arsenal

Great job from Arteta. They always had good players. I don't see a weakness in that squad.

United

Fernandes was a good buy and brought the best out of Martial but I can't see them challenging for the title unless they buy a central striker and central defender. And there doesn't seem much sign they will do so.

Liverpool

You need to buy players when you are on top and they will regret not doing that.

Arsenal will not finish above Liverpool. As for the Scouse twats finishing outside the top 4, unfortunately not going to happen.

Like what you are smoking though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.