Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don't play that style of football that will play to his strengths and his agent will still be a major stumbling block.
Pep had Lewandowski at Bayern with similar style and he scored tons of goals under him. It's a myth that a tall striker won't a success under him. A player like Haaland will score 40+ goals under Pep's system easily and Don't forget he is way faster than Lewandowski

I don't know what other people think, but the bits I've seen of the kid, I think if he played for us he could potentially get close to 50 goals a season.

I believe he has everything, and would be worth breaking the bank, for even if he might not have the marketing pull of Messi.

Tall striker liker Zlatan Ibrahimovic? (Swap deal with Samuel Eto'o)
Because of that deal and a certain agent, I doubt City would go anywhere near Haaland , at least as long as Pep is manager.
Is he a possible long term successor to Aguero, most definitely.

I still see him as a more mobile targetman and a player that we won't get very best out of. Dzeko thrived when he was the main man.

Is he a target man? Just because of his size? I'm sure I've read that only 1 goal has been scored with his head while he has been at Dortmund.

The kid is lightning fast and can score with both feet. Added bonus of him being a beast too. He is much much more than a target man

The other top 5 (c) all have young home grown / academy boys, recently purchased or settled no 1 strikers don't they?
Utd - Greenwood, Rashford, Frog
Chelsea - Havertz, Tammy Abraham, Giroud
Arse - Aubamayang, Sako, Nketia, Lacazette
Spurs - Kane, Heung Min Son, Moura
Liverpool - Mane, Salad, Firmino

Which one of those due to need or necessity with appropriate means will likely want to spend the kind of money it will take to get him? I would have said Chelsea but they've blown 250 million in this window already. United have a hard on for Sancho and the Arse are full as are the Scousers.
We might get a run at him from the rest of the Premier League but do Real Madrid or a skint Barca get interested?
I suspect he might move next summer too. Don't see how we shouldn't be in with a shout. We'd have to blow the budget though as we ain't getting him on the cheap.

The other top 5 (c) all have young home grown / academy boys, recently purchased or settled no 1 strikers don't they?
Utd - Greenwood, Rashford, Frog
Chelsea - Havertz, Tammy Abraham, Giroud
Arse - Aubamayang, Sako, Nketia, Lacazette
Spurs - Kane, Heung Min Son, Moura
Liverpool - Mane, Salad, Firmino

Which one of those due to need or necessity with appropriate means will likely want to spend the kind of money it will take to get him? I would have said Chelsea but they've blown 250 million in this window already. United have a hard on for Sancho and the Arse are full as are the Scousers.
We might get a run at him from the rest of the Premier League but do Real Madrid or a skint Barca get interested?
I suspect he might move next summer too. Don't see how we shouldn't be in with a shout. We'd have to blow the budget though as we ain't getting him on the cheap.

Isn’t he one of Raiola’s boys?
IIRC then that would a good reason to keep him off the ‘want’ list because Raiola would demand £30M agent fee on top of the £75M buy-out and then be demanding a move away within 18 months.

IMO If you don’t want to become a circus then best to avoid the clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.