It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think Stones will come good ? And do you think we will sign a Midfielder ?
Even if he does come good (i really think he has the talent to be one of the best CB's) its only a matter of time before another injury, dip in form. He's 26 now and the 'how long do we wait for stones to get his shit together' debate must surely be coming to an end. Personally i think we cannot go into this season with Stones and Ota as our two right sided CB's cause if thats the case then Fern will be getting plenty of game time again.

Skriniar seems to be available but like you said last night, i could see txiki doing the diego carlos release clause though.

Case in point. Skriniar is a fucking robot and Inter have been open to selling him for two years now. He is shite.

Buy a proper, energetic midfielder.

I'd even look again at Denayer for centre-back, we still have an option on him. He's right footed, can also play on the left side of a two, very good in the air and homegrown.

Far too many people decided to write him off after he was sent for hot-dogs playing against Wales when he got turned for the goal at the Euros.

Probably get him for £40m like Ake plus our sell-on discount.

So do you think Stones will come good ? And do you think we will sign a Midfielder ?

I think Stones is an excellent player, ideally suited to the way we need to play - people buy into narrative - he has his mistakes highlighted simply because he is at one of the best teams in the world and he repeats them.

There isn't a central defender in the world who doesn't commit regular errors.

His biggest issue is his inability to stay fit and avoid knocks. He is also the England whipping boy.

Where were all these people in the media telling us what a worldy Van Dijk was before he moved to Liverpool?

I form my own opinions on players. Let me tell you, sitting in press boxes for 30 years, these people churning out supposed informed critique, know less than jack shit.

Stones is a two-time Premier League champion and will be hitting his peak in the next two years - we paid a premium for that privilege.

Now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water when we would have our pants pulled down on price.

Pep needs to grab him by the bollocks and give him a confidence boost.

Nobody is going to tell me that Eric fucking Garcia is a better player.

If we don't sign Koulibaly then we should be going bargain hunting rather than paying massive money for Carlos. Give Stones the shirt at the start of the season and make him fight for it with a young, hungry talent.

Use the extra cash for Saul Niguez.

Even better, Partey - the player we should have signed first before Rodri.

Case in point. Skriniar is a fucking robot and Inter have been open to selling him for two years now. He is shite.

Buy a proper, energetic midfielder.

I'd even look again at Denayer for centre-back, we still have an option on him. He's right footed, can also play on the left side of a two, very good in the air and homegrown.

Far too many people decided to write him off after he was sent for hot-dogs playing against Wales when he got turned for the goal at the Euros.

Probably get him for £40m like Ake plus our sell-on discount.

Denayer wouldn’t even take a squad place as he would be club trained. Personally I’d move Garcia on, get Stones out on loan with an option to buy if we can’t get a sale now (he should be determined to go the Euros) and send Otamendi anywhere that will take him. Get Denayer and an older experienced defender in and we’ll have 4 quality defenders. Not going to happen obviously but that’s what I’d do.

I do think there is a small elephant in the room in Fernandinho. He doesn’t have the legs for DM anymore and isn’t a good enough defender so he’s in the squad but may not play often. He has been incredible for us I think his final season will be more Yaya than Silva.

I hope its not Koulibaly and done.

If we don't get an energetic defensive/central midfielder we're not winning the league.

Fernandinho's role was so important for us that as soon as he was put in defence we went shaky.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we full on foreign spots? Surely Otamendi has to be sacrificed even if it's a loan if Koulibaly comes in?

You will be correct, but that is just another factor highlighting why transfer business can't be cut and dried. Garcia is now deadwood and needs to be yarded for the best price we can get.

Not sure what Ake is classed as after being at Chelsea as a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.