Return of Supporters

There will be no capacity crowds at football till the vaccine arrives and there is mass uptake.

100%.

Don't see it happening till next season start at the earliest....

That's assuming there are no issues with vaccine development, as there is currently - the Oxford vaccine has had to halt because of a pretty terrifying potential side effect in a participant. Quite worrying if caused by the vaccine but then again what this patient is reported to have is also a recognised but rare side effect of the flu vaccine also. Welcome to the new normal ladies and gentlemen.
Its normal for trials to pause while illnesses checked, this is the second Oxford pause. Still hopeful of one of the vaccines at least being rolled out by spring.

I love how the premier league are saying it’s vital we get crowds back in as soon as possible followed by zero mention of how the fans are the lifeblood of the game, how it’s pointless without them and the atmosphere they bring etc the reasons he gave we’re all entirely financial. Shows exactly what they think of fans.
Funny thing is they don't give a fuck about us when moving games etc....now apparently we're really important.

Funny thing is they don't give a fuck about us when moving games etc....now apparently we're really important.
Particularly to clubs who have a higher proportion of matchday income than most. So that's United, Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal. It's always that little cartel behind anything money-related.

I think secretly the TV companies and PL both are wishing it to go on like this ... Month by month they’d keep voting to show ALL premier league games on TV like they have for Sept already and I fully expect that to be the case for Oct as well ... then this’ll become the new norm including games shown on tv in the Uk at sat 3pm ... like they will be in Spet ... then when it comes for fans to return (next year or the year after) there be a case to leave 100% of the games on TV ... new TV deals would massively go up that in the last round had pretty much reached top and stagnated so PL would be happy and TV cos would happily dish out more for a lot more games as well ... clubs would be happy too as the money coming in from more games on tv is way more than their Matchday incomes so with PL, TV and Clubs all happy, they’re not so keen on us getting back in anytime soon ... If this however was the main earner for them, they’d be doing a lot more to get us back in by now ...

Oh, and for TV companies surely the longer it goes on like this, their sports package subscriptions would be increasing too as we all fans already subscribe to enough of them but even those who didn’t would be tempted to now, if that’s the only way to watch the games now ...

I think secretly the TV companies and PL both are wishing it to go on like this ... Month by month they’d keep voting to show ALL premier league games on TV like they have for Sept already and I fully expect that to be the case for Oct as well ... then this’ll become the new norm including games shown on tv in the Uk at sat 3pm ... like they will be in Spet ... then when it comes for fans to return (next year or the year after) there be a case to leave 100% of the games on TV ... new TV deals would massively go up that in the last round had pretty much reached top and stagnated so PL would be happy and TV cos would happily dish out more for a lot more games as well ... clubs would be happy too as the money coming in from more games on tv is way more than their Matchday incomes so with PL, TV and Clubs all happy, they’re not so keen on us getting back in anytime soon ... If this however was the main earner for them, they’d be doing a lot more to get us back in by now ...

Oh, and for TV companies surely the longer it goes on like this, their sports package subscriptions would be increasing too as we all fans already subscribe to enough of them but even those who didn’t would be tempted to now, if that’s the only way to watch the games now ...
I agree with this point to an extent. People will subscribe while they can’t attend matches in person. However the “product” is seriously diminished whilst the matches are played in empty stadiums. In my opinion it won’t take long for the TV companies to realise that they need supporters inside stadiums to maintain interest.

How come all off a sudden certain clubs want the fans back. When it was stated that this last tv deal gave the club's more money then ever. It was also stated that the money each club got was enough to cover them for a full year. That even if no fans turned up they would still have more than enough money to cover their costs.

Now all of a sudden Richard Masters says that the fans are needed to help clubs to survie. If the fans are not allowed back into the stadiums clubs could well go broke. Sorry Mr Masters you can't have it both ways. So which is it. The tv money as not enough and you need the fans money as well, or the tv money was enouugh. So was it a lie then or is it a lie now.

It looks like the usual clubs are trying their same old bullying tactics to get it going their way again. Are you a man or a mouse Richard Masters from where I sit it looks like you are b shaving like a mouse . Stand up to these clubs and tell them that until the government guidelines say it is ok to allow fans into the stadiums, the games will have to be played behind closed doors.

I agree with this point to an extent. People will subscribe while they can’t attend matches in person. However the “product” is seriously diminished whilst the matches are played in empty stadiums. In my opinion it won’t take long for the TV companies to realise that they need supporters inside stadiums to maintain interest.

I genuinely and honestly do not believe that PL Execs and decision makers give a toss about paying fans. They've pumped ticket inflation, allowed TV to move games with little notice and offer every nation on the planet to be able to watch all games live but not in the UK where they object through courts. And do not get me started on VAR.

Keiran McGuire did some great research into how matchday income is barely 13% of a club's income on average but Spurs and Arsenal will suffer most. This could explain why Levy is at the front of the queue to reopen stadiums - 40% of their wages is paid for by matchday income. For the PL it's all about image rights and TV deals. I don't think the PL will give a toss whether fans are back or not.

Richard Masters on the TV the other night looked desperate - he's clearly got his appointment sponsors breathing down his neck.

If anything fans not back in the stadium but transfers still happening etc then there is a case for reducing ticket prices, if they can do without this year why it next, maybe a catalyst for reducing daft transfer and wage prices

They really need the fans back, football is not the same without crowds, they can hype it all they like it needs the fans. It will be very interesting to see what impact covid has on attendances, vaccine or not, football may have lost a lot of fans, I have always thought that the fans in the stadiums are often the least thought about and least appreciated. they will have to dangle some kind of carrot to get a few back.
Maybe they appreciate us now, just maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.