It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that’s a bit of a shitty thing to say when it’s obvious Tolmie works in an industry where he’ll undoubtedly get snippets of info which he posts on here in good faith.
The fact that deals don’t always get over the line doesn’t mean that what’s posted wasn’t going to happen at one point.
Transfers are impossible to call 100% due to the many moving parts involved.
It's a fact and no one is having a dig at anyone for handing over what they've been told. I've been told a million things, some right, some wrong same as anyone else. There is no itk these days, teams like city operate completely differently

How many times have we been here..
The way our executive do business there are no leaks and signings are announced only once the ink is on the paper.
No need to flap, in fact probably no need for this thread title as it’s always quiet until we actually have signed someone.
All you flappers out there relax. Plenty of time left and evidence our top brass know what’s important.

If we dont get Koulibaly, Ake is still a MASSIVE upgrade on stones and otamendi, Ake made zero errors leading to goals last year hes a solid defender him and Laporte will be huge for us i reckon.

The signings of other clubs are irrelevant, especially Liverpool. We finished 18 points behind them, it’s up to us to improve to catch them.

People seem to think this is a one-season issue, it isn’t. Since we were top of the tree in 18/19 the following has happened:

Kompany gone
Silva gone
Sane gone
Fernandinho legs gone.

Those four were critical to us being the best side in the country. You can’t just write off that quality of players and think that everything will just work out. Our signings/replacements are nowhere near the same level.

People can suck off Rodri and call him world class as much as they like, he is nowhere near the level of his predecessor.

People can call Mahrez our 2nd best player last season as much as they like, he isn’t fit to lace Sanes boots.

People can hope and pray (I’m doing it too) that Foden can replace Silva but they are massive boots to fill.

And finally, people can keep imagining that Stones can come good but even on his best day, he is 20% the player of Kompany and 0% the man and leader.

If we continue down this path of replacing world class/top players with players of a significantly lower level, or even worse, the continuation of this round peg, square hole behaviour, we will no longer see us challenging for titles. We will see us being top 4 hopefuls.

My point about other clubs activity is to show that this window is different than a usual one so it's not really reasonable to declare we are stuck on a particular path based on anything combined with this summer. We're living an anomaly. The idea that we shouldn't compare to other clubs, I'm sorry but I just completely disagree. That's ignoring the entire context in which we operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.