Return of Supporters

I’m not saying tv is the way to go forever. And I’d hate to be seen as someone trying to realise Thatchers Dream. But as I don’t live in Manchester I can only get there every now and again. So I would buy TV season pass for £150 if on offer. This is cos I wanna watch my team. There’s nothing like being in a stadium packed full of passionate fans. It’s a special thing, and long before I could understand the game it was the match day experience that got me addicted. And i think it would be the end of the game to go long term without the fans. But for a few months, if it turns out to be for the greater good of humanity I think it’s a small trade off.
This season is gonna be strange in so many ways.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be buying a TV season ticket, just saying that 40 years down the line an awful prophecy is on the horizon

There's been two weekends of dance nights in one of my local pubs. 40 / 50 chavvy kids. If the landlady does one more then I'm boycotting.
If you didn't enjoy the first one, why did you go to the second? On the off chance they would play some Phil Collins? :+)

It's not controversial to have that view. Nor should anyone attack you for having that. But you may wish to consider a small flight is a single one-off trip and the mask should be stopping you from spreading the infection should you have it.

If you return to the Etihad without social distancing and full crowds. You are shoulder to shoulder with someone every other week. When you exit the aisle you will be pretty much brushing the row in front and the row behind. Sanitising hands for large crowds would result in huge queues bigger than the secuity ones.
When people shout and sing (bear in mind it's going to be impossible for stewards to control this - they cannot control a non-covid crowd imo) you'll be surprised how far that carries. We also have to protect players and staff that work there.

People who are vunerable can stay away, but the people in that category that can attend - say a 25 year old are dangerous. They might wear a mask for the sake of sitting in the ground but we have a lot of idiots who'll remove them on the concourse and use mob mentality if challenged. One spreads the virus and a few hundred take a virus home to a family, that family attend schools and we've got another spike.

The spikes are putting hospitals under pressure - the freedom we've been allowed already has eased that pressure, until it drops again to a low level we can't go back I'm afraid.

Just follow the rules for now and stay healthy. Don't let football rule your emotions. It might save a persons life. Football will be back one day properly.

Just a little point on hospitals; they should be dealing with non Covid as we have Nightingales gathering dust.
That helps create a separation of concerns.
I'm not sure the stats back up that they are under pressure though.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be buying a TV season ticket, just saying that 40 years down the line an awful prophecy is on the horizon
You’re bang on there. It would, just like many of the changes they’ve made to game over recent years, open the door for a world of shite. The game has been getting away from fans for a while now.

Just a little point on hospitals; they should be dealing with non Covid as we have Nightingales gathering dust.
That helps create a separation of concerns.
I'm not sure the stats back up that they are under pressure though.
It's ICU specifically that's under pressure. I was in MRI last month (sadly to watch my grandad pass away) and it's an eye opener being in there. Nightingale was to cope with first wave overwhelming our health service and I believe they think they can cope without them with newer localised restrictions - this might explain why certain areas feel unjustified in lockdowns v's stats in other areas but it's also dependant on their local ICU availability. Hospitals are still dealing with non-COVID issues. Obviously some procedures are delayed.

If there are any of these Nightingale hospitals still around. They should come out of mothballs and start being used for a!l Covid19 patients. This would then leave the hospitals to treat other patients who will have need of urgent treatment.

It's ICU specifically that's under pressure. I was in MRI last month (sadly to watch my grandad pass away) and it's an eye opener being in there. Nightingale was to cope with first wave overwhelming our health service and I believe they think they can cope without them with newer localised restrictions - this might explain why certain areas feel unjustified in lockdowns v's stats in other areas but it's also dependant on their local ICU availability. Hospitals are still dealing with non-COVID issues. Obviously some procedures are delayed.

Irrespective of their original purpose, my Nightingale point is about separation of concern not demand. Remove Covid treatment from the normal hospital environment.
I still argue these stats don't back up the under pressure assertion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.