It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably does report back to the others, but he is the one who negotiates for these transfers. He is the one in charge of these transfers. If one transfer is taking too long, move on to another transfer in a different position.

We don't need 1, we need more than that. Buying a new left back is imperative, as is buying either another midfield or forward player.

Things are different now. Pep walked into a team with Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho... now he is left with just De Bruyne, a 35 year old Fernandinho and a 32 year old crocked Aguero that has just come back from an awful knee injury.

Times are very different. The squad needs refreshening.

Stop moaning and do something about it then.

Tidy up your CV and send it to Khaldoon. Be sure to enclose a covering letter explaining how brilliant you are.

You'll need to be prepared to relocate to Manchester, if successful.

(Hint; don't apply for any medical vacancies if you consider a torn meniscus to be an 'awful knee injury').

Last edited:
Meanwhile Wolves just lost to stoke with nearly their full first team.

For some reason we left the real big signings to the last two weeks. Not sure it was planned or if it is ideal but this is how Txiki rolls this summer.
Also we did the same with outgoing signings which only makes sure that selling fees will be lower and lower as sooner we get to deadline day. We might as well push some out on loan with us paying x % of their salary just to move them out.

What if there is no more big signings incoming?

Then Pep not renewing yet would make sense to be honest in terms of not spending big for his last 12 months and let new manager rebuild from a bigger pool of cash.
But what does it say for expectations for current season?
Are we good enough to overcome our CL failures and bounce back from the 20 points gap behind Pool with Sane, Bravo, Silva leaving and Ake, Torres, Steffen incoming?

An then that Messi saga in August, did that really help our transfer dealings in any way? We have put work into that deal, even CFG shares were about to be offered up, we had to spend days to pre-negotiate commercial deals if he arrives, we were lead to belive it is happening based on some top level sources.

Lets see who comes in within two weeks.

Some still adamant Messi deal is on for this window. I think getting Van dijk has more chance than that but some are adamant.

For some reason we left the real big signings to the last two weeks. Not sure it was planned or if it is ideal but this is how Txiki rolls this summer.
Also we did the same with outgoing signings which only makes sure that selling fees will be lower and lower as sooner we get to deadline day. We might as well push some out on loan with us paying x % of their salary just to move them out.

Then Pep not renewing yet would make sense to be honest in terms of not spending big for his last 12 months and let new manager rebuild from a bigger pool of cash.
Are we good enough to overcome our CL failures and bounce back from the 20 points gap behind Pool with Sane, Bravo, Silva leaving and Ake, Torres, Steffen incoming?

An then that Messi saga in August, did that really help our transfer dealings in any way? We have put work into that deal, even CFG shares were about to be offered up, we had to spend days to pre-negotiate commercial deals if he arrives, we were lead to belive it is happening based on some top level sources.

Some still adamant Messi deal is on for this window. I think getting Van dijk has more chance than that but some are adamant.

Who ever our new manager next season is(if Pep is leaving) think he would like us to win fcuk all finish 4th.

Just think how hard it would be for our next manager if we win a double or a treble expectation of him be sky high.

harder to sell than buy in this market.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have deals for players coming in completed and we are trying to ship players out before they are announced.

I went to my first game in 1970 so I've seen the good, bad and indifferent of City over the years but imo the last 10 years have been on another level.
We've had Mancini, Pelligrini and now Pep and under each of them we've played the most entertaining football and won trophies.
The owner and his management are serious people and I believe we are the best run club in the world.
The point I want to make to the bedwetters on this thread is that we can't have every new 'toy' that might be out there, just accept that and realise we have the best manager out there.
He knows how to coach, ffs we had Fabian Delph as a left back and became Centurions.
Just remember it's impossible to win everything but at least we have a go trying unlike some teams.
Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.