It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooops

Fucking laughable decision that destroys any remaining myth that these measures are in place to stop clubs spending money they don't have.

You can imagine the phone calls crying they wont meet FFP so you had better suspend the rule and we will let you know when you can put it back in.

Fucking criminals running the game.

I don't get the theory that it's Peps last year so let's withhold some funds for the next manager. Surely the next manager will want the best squad possible already in place.

It's a daft theory anyway. We wouldn't fuck Pep over by witholding funds, makes no sense whatsoever. Club bosses are some of his best friends, not Bartomeu...

Yes we might win the league. Liverpool might get some injuries, not have the desire, not hit their form of last season, BUT we are only winning the league if we are at our best and they have a dip. We haven’t used this transfer window to push forward IMO.

Point beingare the flappers really flapping or are they not just being realistic?

I say flapping.

Would Liverpool have won the league so easily if what you describe that might happen to them hadn't actually happened to us?

Torres is a player for now, he played for Spain a week ago. Foden will just get better. Ake is a proven Premier League defender of quality and in our side he will only get better.

I have posted previously that you do not replace Vincent Kompany. There are some players in some clubs that never get replaced. We need other senior players to step up in leadership terms both on and off the pitch. Then we will be fine I am sure.

I don't get the theory that it's Peps last year so let's withhold some funds for the next manager. Surely the next manager will want the best squad possible already in place.

Lol, yeah it is comical mate that the next manager would winge about having koulibaly/kouande, possibly aouar etc?! Am pretty sure the club isnt planning on treading water this season to see how pep goes.

I haven’t been on this thread since the heights of the messi saga - they were the days hey - so haven’t read what’s been posted about for the last week, but having caught the post about flappers just now... is anyone that surprised?

Yes we might win the league. Liverpool might get some injuries, not have the desire, not hit their form of last season, BUT we are only winning the league if we are at our best and they have a dip. We haven’t used this transfer window to push forward IMO.

Torres is a player for the future, I doubt he’ll end up being a decisive player this season. Ake is a decent upgrade on what we have but questions remain whether he can slot in next to Laporte as he normally plays left too.

We’ve also lost Silva and as great as Foden is he’s going to still have moments where his form drops (or he does something stupid away with England). Agüero is pivotal for us and on the wrong side of age. Questions remain whether Jesus can fill his boots.

meanwhile Chelsea have bought very well and will no doubt close the gap between them and us(albeit they are still significantly inferior at present so I’m not saying they will overtake us).

Point beingare the flappers really flapping or are they not just being realistic?
The trouble is with the flappers we have is they flap and post in the extreme and mainly, in an irrational manner often inventing scenarios to fuel their message.

There is a huge difference to voicing a concern in a structured and factual basis vs some of the ignorant bile thrown out by some.

Until the extremes are tempered, the flappers imo, will rightly get shot at.

I Think we all want to be able to agree with you. It`s just what I see at the moment doesn`t fill me with excitement. I fear the lack of a 1st class right footed C/B. Having an ageing Fern and a slow Rodri combined with too many touches off Gundogan and a lack of aggression will be a problem.

We may have papered over the cracks of our 3 year problem at left back by buying Ake who is a left footed C/B but I think the jury is out on that.

Aguero`s recovery from injury is a worry also. I love Jesus the way he leads the line with tenacity movement and positioning but he`s isnt as yet as prolific as Sergio.

I love this club (as we all must) but I`m not blind to what I think we need.

Please have a look at Gabby's stats.

It's a daft theory anyway. We wouldn't fuck Pep over by witholding funds, makes no sense whatsoever. Club bosses are some of his best friends, not Bartomeu...

IF when we replace Pep as a club they will want the same style of playing .....so same type of player Pep would choose.
It won't matter a jot who he buys.. continuity

I say flapping.

Would Liverpool have won the league so easily if what you describe that might happen to them hadn't actually happened to us?

Torres is a player for now, he played for Spain a week ago. Foden will just get better. Ake is a proven Premier League defender of quality and in our side he will only get better.

I have posted previously that you do not replace Vincent Kompany. There are some players in some clubs that never get replaced. We need other senior players to step up in leadership terms both on and off the pitch. Then we will be fine I am sure.

You can’t replace Kompany like for like but you can find a similar replacement. It’s just very hard to do. However we haven’t even attempted to replace him (ie we haven’t bought a right sided CB)

And you’re asking senior players to step up who didn’t last season! Why, maybe because they don’t have it in them?

Look I hope you’re right but standing still in football is the same as going backwards and this, given the ban was overturned, was a pivotal transfer window for us and it’s not flapping to point out we’ve had an average window (as it stands).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.