Hendrix

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Im not the only one to put Rory up in that bracket.
Yes they are all different, thy all had their styles. Rory was a guitarist’s guitarist. Those who who could play appreciated him.

Haha...I can’t play a note if I’m honest but I like to think of myself as reasonably well informed & nuanced when it comes to music. Deuce & Tattoo are sensational albums.

Brilliant guy. Saw him on his first tour before he started smashing up his equipment. New Century Hall, early 1967? Spellbinding.

jimmt , the soul man, hendrix, started out with the isleys I think, I`m sure he did some work on some of the motown recordings, he also appeared at the twisted wheel before he learnt how to turn a guitar into sounding like a strangled leopard

Love or loathe, no denying his influence on music. He was a game changer.

Nobody had played guitar like that before, and nobody took it to another level until Eddie Van Halen appeared.

Haha...I can’t play a note if I’m honest but I like to think of myself as reasonably well informed & nuanced when it comes to music. Deuce & Tattoo are sensational albums.
Totally different to Hendrix but still a truly insanely gifted performer.
Love his album work but for me it’s the live performances that just lift me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.