COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you had to book a table in a pub to take part in eat out to help out? i went 3 times and didn’t book on any of them. I’m sure that Mcdonald‘s and KFC were doing it as well and I can’t imagine they were taking bookings.
Hancock is saying that the increases are down to being inside each other’s houses and being in pubs. There is no doubt that the chancellor encouraged a lot more people to go to the pubs than had previously been so doing, as he should have been. Mind you, if Hancock said city played in blue, I would doubt it...
But when you were there the seating was set out to ensure social distancing wasnt it?

Andy Burnham has added his voice to the reconvene Cobra demands of Scotland and N Ireland and also says a place on it should be given to the NW.
Scotland was not interested at the start they were doing their own thing which is fair as it's a dissolved Govt. however minute one on the proposed Cobra meeting will be all about money.

So what's the bets on the 2nd lockdown?

A - Early this week (Monday-Tuesday)
B - Late this week (Wednesday onwards)
C - The following Monday
D - Sometime further into the future.
E - There's not going to be a second lockdown anytime soon

I'm thinking next Monday at the earliest once they've got the message out on the importance of it. I think people will need a lot of convincing so it'll be a tricky one to sell.
Half term, nationally.

This face masks and social distancing and hand sanitising and regular disinfecting of surfaces are reducing the spread dramatically.
I think pubs will be shut if thinks keep going upwards though. As a minimum additional regs need to be brought in, like:
- Sit down drinking only.
- Table service only.
- Walking in/at the premesis requires the wearing of a face mask.
- Fines for visiting multiple pub premesis ramping up by the number of places visited. (The twat in Bolton who went on a pub crawl after coming back from holiday triggered the Bolton numbers all on his own.)

I thought those regulations around pubs were already in place?

With regards to face masks the government just need to be effing clear about it and not give people a choice. You wear them in shopping centres, you wear them in places like Pret unless you are eating etc. And actually use the police force to ensure adherence for the first few months - it's utterly ridiciulous the approach to masks.

It’s not going crazily out of control by the look of things or am I missing something? Seems to have been around 3 to 4K for a few weeks? Keep it at that through an on and off switch of control until we have a vaccine? I know I will get shot on here for saying it but the government have done a bloody good job on the whole. Rayners comments today had me nearly head butting the wall. Could you imagine her in charge of this?
She might have locked down earlier in March when the disease was rampant in Italy and Spain and was obviously coming over here.
That would have saved about 30k lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.