Jules Koundé

The only thing I like about kounde is his age. I looked at lots of pictures and videos of him and compared to other players standing next to him, the guy is not even 1.80. He also does not look super physical and seems to be less good with his foot than the CB we have. But if everyone is convinced he is the real deal I would love to be wrong.
I'm very disappointed we missed the opportunity to buy De Ligt last year. The perfect replacement for Kompany- tall, unusually strong, a great foot game and so young that he could serve us 12-15 years.

Well I'd guess we're hoping he would be reliable for one. We all know Stones at his best can be great, but he's rarely there for a myriad of annoying reasons.

But that's the thing, can he be 'great' at his best? Have we ever seen a great John Stones?

The only thing I like about kounde is his age. I looked at lots of pictures and videos of him and compared to other players standing next to him, the guy is not even 1.80. He also does not look super physical and seems to be less good with his foot than the CB we have. But if everyone is convinced he is the real deal I would love to be wrong.
I'm very disappointed we missed the opportunity to buy De Ligt last year. The perfect replacement for Kompany- tall, unusually strong, a great foot game and so young that he could serve us 12-15 years.
god it'll never end huh

A comparison matrix of the 2 best CBs in the league (VVD, Laporte) and our 3 transfer targets.

View attachment 2688

Based on this and the eye test, comparing the 3 transfer targets -
1. Koulibaly has the best combination of ability and leadership skills.
2. Gimenez has the best footballing ability and is an outstanding defender.
3. While not the best currently, Kounde is not far off from the other two. He seems like a very well-rounded CB and definitely has the potential to become the one of the best in the world.

Stats there would say that the other are better footballers than Gimenez if yout talking about passing and forward passing

If Stones had better success rate in Aerial & Ground duels, in which aspect of the game Jules is better than John ?
Well none that are obvious if we're comparing current Koundé to 18/19 Stones.

Stones in the 1st half of 17/18 and 18/19 was by far and away the best defender we had. Ahead of Laporte, Otamendi, and Kompany. Extremely strong in tackles, extremely composed in possession, read the game superbly, and surprisingly top notch in the air. The only thing he lacked was aggression, but the other 3 CBs had that in spades to complement him. It's a shame he's fallen off the wagon for whatever reason.

But if a 21 year old is already close to that level to Stones was defensively, at least on paper, he's probably worth getting excited about.

Also, if Stones is by great fortune close to that level again, than that's equally something worth getting excited about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.