Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just odd in football, that if this was a pro cycling team the press/media would be accusing them of doping and reporters would be looking into it. Yet in football there doesnt seem to be the same attention paid to football teams. Can you imagine the out cry in cycling if one pro team had 63% of its team as asthmatics ?

Wonder if klopp dortmund team were the same?

Yes I appreciate what you say as I referred to the dislike/hatred shown on here to varying degrees being down to more than the simple title win.
You arent going to get any fan developing a "hatred" as such from one simple season, there has to be more to it.

My pondering or thought was whether, if Liverpool were to fade back into mediocrity, would the feelings wane slightly and the usual more traditional rivalry/dislike/hatred with Utd return.
The mistake you seem to be continually making is assuming that Liverpool’s two years of success is the reason why a lot of City fans have started to despise them.

Look back to the 2013/14 season when our supporters’ bus got bricked at Anfield and Yaya Toure was mocked as he left the pitch on a stretcher. Think of Gerrard’s attention seeking speech. When we beat you 5-0 at the Etihad, do you remember Ederson being booed as he left the pitch to have his face stitched up? Do you remember your fans singing “There’s only one Harold Shipman” at Maine Road in 2003?

It’s not so much that we started hating Liverpoool as they got better. It’s more that with us having been the team of the last decade, whenever you have got good, your supporters’ and club’s disgraceful behaviour has been ramped up and brought more sharply into focus for us.

The mistake you seem to be continually making is assuming that Liverpool’s two years of success is the reason why a lot of City fans have started to despise them.

Look back to the 2013/14 season when our supporters’ bus got bricked at Anfield and Yaya Toure was mocked as he left the pitch on a stretcher. Think of Gerrard’s attention seeking speech. When we beat you 5-0 at the Etihad, do you remember Ederson being booed as he left the pitch to have his face stitched up? Do you remember your fans singing “There’s only one Harold Shipman” at Maine Road in 2003?

It’s not so much that we started hating Liverpoool as they got better. It’s more that with us having been the team of the last decade, whenever you have got good, your supporters’ and club’s disgraceful behaviour has been ramped up and brought more sharply into focus for us.
Yeah, funny how we don't hate Chelsea (too much) despite them beating us to trophies far more than Liverpool have ever done.

It's just odd in football, that if this was a pro cycling team the press/media would be accusing them of doping and reporters would be looking into it. Yet in football there doesnt seem to be the same attention paid to football teams. Can you imagine the out cry in cycling if one pro team had 63% of its team as asthmatics ?
It's purely because of the money football spins.

Any and all conspiricies or dirty secrets will and are brushed under the carpet OR released quietly and then the media will focus on something else to bury it (See these fuckers hacking into our scouting base and stealing info)

I mean it's not a high risk prediction anyway. Most teams don't.

But I'd imagine if Liverpool are doing, then we probably are as well. I remember when I used to do judo as a kid, Red Bull wasn't allowed. But then they invested shitloads into sport and suddenly the rules were changed in most sports. Caffeine used to be banned in most sports and now it isn't. And in the modern era of sports science, if something beneficial is allowed, no-one is not going to be doing it.

TUEs are a very dodgy area, because presumably it's against the rules to lie about having a condition you don't have, but then a lot of diagnoses are given by a single doctor, who can presumably be the one employed by the club. It'd be interesting if TUEs required a second opinion from an independent doctor. Maybe it does, I don't know.

Is there any independent verification of this 63% asthmatic claim btw, because I've only read it on a few blogs. Is there a place where TUEs are publicly available, or would that be considered a breach of patient confidentiality?

I don't think it is.

In an already dying industry which I imagine is still very heavily reliant on football as a source of income, if they were to de-value the game to the levels of widespread performance enhancement or match-fixing etc (especially if it included one or more of the 'iiiiiiiiiistory boys) it would leave their own 'profesion' in jeopardy.

Self preservation at its finest..............

Didn't watch their game, but apparently Fabinho was very good at CB. He was probably the most obvious city signing in the last 5 years. Half the forum were saying they wanted him. The year we signed Walker and Danilo, we should have signed walker and Fabinho. He could have provided cover at rb, midfield and CB. The closest thing to Fernandinho there is, but it's clear Pep didn't want a midfielder in the Fernandinho mould.

I mean it's not a high risk prediction anyway. Most teams don't.

But I'd imagine if Liverpool are doing, then we probably are as well. I remember when I used to do judo as a kid, Red Bull wasn't allowed. But then they invested shitloads into sport and suddenly the rules were changed in most sports. Caffeine used to be banned in most sports and now it isn't. And in the modern era of sports science, if something beneficial is allowed, no-one is not going to be doing it.

TUEs are a very dodgy area, because presumably it's against the rules to lie about having a condition you don't have, but then a lot of diagnoses are given by a single doctor, who can presumably be the one employed by the club. It'd be interesting if TUEs required a second opinion from an independent doctor. Maybe it does, I don't know.

Is there any independent verification of this 63% asthmatic claim btw, because I've only read it on a few blogs. Is there a place where TUEs are publicly available, or would that be considered a breach of patient confidentiality?

Apparently upto 65% of players could have it...it's called exercise induced asthma.
Ginger pig and Golden balls had it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.