Are United Still Our 'Main' Rivals?

Are utd still our rivals? Does it need an answer? Our local rivals, belittled us for years with the banners, the clock when we were competition. Of course they are. Hate them, always will! The scousers is a bonus

The main rivalry is us and liverpool. Just like it was utd and arsenal and Chelsea and utd. We'll always have local rivalry with them, but they are miles away from competing for the league.

I've often wondered whether our rivalry is different to other clubs because we share the same city. Portsmouth and Southampton is a particularly nasty one as is Cardiff and Swansea.

During my time in Manchester, I lived around, drank around and worked around U****d fans. Most were wankers although one or two were OK.

I've often found Leeds particularly vile as they're a one club city. It's literally nothing but Leeds United there. Almost inbred.

I've often wondered whether our rivalry is different to other clubs because we share the same city. Portsmouth and Southampton is a particularly nasty one as is Cardiff and Swansea.

During my time in Manchester, I lived around, drank around and worked around U****d fans. Most were wankers although one or two were OK.

I've often found Leeds particularly vile as they're a one club city. It's literally nothing but Leeds United there. Almost inbred.
Always find rivalry between teams from different towns the most poisonous. I would think we have all been at school or worked with rags many of us will have them in the family. Manc side of my family blue Irish side all reds. As mentioned Cardiff Swansea and Pompey Southampton are very bitter and here in Lancashire Burnley Blackburn is as intense as any. Rags always our biggest rivals on the field but ties of family and friendship hopefully keep some of the poison out of it off the pitch, like Vinny with his father in law when we won the league in 2018.

Not sure I can remember having a sensible conversation about football with a rag. Not in the last 30 years anyway.
Condescending, patronising, arrogant half wits, spout bile and shite read out of the papers as though it means something, council house, emptihad etc, know nothing of their own 'glorious history', think they formed in 1878 when actually NHFC went bump in 1903, got bailed out after a few months and were re-invented as the rags, and then happily moved out of our City.
Yes they are our rivals and I despise the vast majority of their armchair loving, I can't get a ticket, lickle City, nursery rhyme singing morons.
Rant over.

Leeds also have a rugby team who had a lot of success whilst the football team were out of the PL. The rhinos success has dried up recently, if the football team do well this may tempt some fans to switch from rugby league to football. Possibly some switched from football to RL while Leeds were struggling, as their attendances dropped heavily from their last stint in PL.

The main rivalry is us and liverpool. Just like it was utd and arsenal and Chelsea and utd. We'll always have local rivalry with them, but they are miles away from competing for the league.
It was the main rivalry in 2018-19 but last season United were closer to us than we were to Liverpool and a couple of seasons ago United were closer to us than Liverpool were. So recent history shows that it’s United.

We weren’t rivals to Liverpool last season in any way.

This season I think United will be closer to us than we will to Liverpool again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.