Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Fantastic performance and result and excellent contributions from all over the pitch.

I thought John Stones started brilliantly, Nathan Aké had a solid debut and the double pivot of Dinho and Dave worked very well. The front four were all outstanding. Kevin was his usual brilliant self Raheem never stopped running, and his pass to pick out Phil for the second was superb. Phil and Gabriel worked their socks off and it was good to see our new No. 21 get a few minutes under his belt.

After the two defeats against Wolves last season, it was important to get a result tonight, and though there were a few anxious moments, the win, once Kev had put the penalty away wasn’t in doubt.

On to Bournemouth, where I expect to see a lot of the kids, and then Leicester Sunday, where another victory would be most welcome.

Last edited:
If we score 3-4 goals a game and he doesn’t score but contributes like he did tonight, I’ll take that.
Look at spuds at the weekend, someone finally convinced kane that passing to a team mate in a goalscoring position can increase your brucie bonus as they score where u would not.

He’s a cnut,let them constantly foul with no bookings also played on as well at times when our players were fouled ..
Also brilliantly executed the instructions to card key players as soon as it was obvious we would likely run away with the game.

Yellow for Jesus meant stunted forward press.

Yellow for Mendy meant Troare and co could now run at him with wild abandon.

He’ll be getting his envelope bonus tomorrow.

Great result, but performance wise some concerns.

Stones/ Mendy are not good enough for where we want to be, both in last chance saloon with 2 years on there contract and should be back up at best.

Fern/ Rodri 2 * defensive mids worked well but we just know it was meant to be Ilkay and it does worry me a bit.

I am hoping over the season Foden or Silva make it their own.

Up front thought they all worked hard. The Sterling swap for Torres seemed strange given the in match situation, but worked out ok.

CB & Midfielder please Pep

Well on top for 75 minutes against a well organised, very talented Wolves team. Considering this was our first game, we will improve from here.

I'm relieved to have our first win in the bag it's a weight off the shoulders after watching everyone else play. I don't have an issue with any of the players game tonight we showed our brilliant football and even though the players looked knackered second half which is understandable they dug in and got the 3rd goal. I think some people are going way overboard criticising Mendy he had a tough job anyway and after that bullshit yellow card it was made even tougher. I'll sleep well tonight then on to the next game!

Followed the game solely on the forum match thread. Exhausted. Jesus must get updates telepathically as his goal was perfectly timed.

Also brilliantly executed the instructions to card key players as soon as it was obvious we would likely run away with the game.

Yellow for Jesus meant stunted forward press.

Yellow for Mendy meant Troare and co could now run at him with wild abandon.

He’ll be getting his envelope bonus tomorrow.

You are living some dipper-level delusion if you think there is a big play to restrict City and they did that by booking 2 players in 5 mins?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.