Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

I've never knocked his work rate, he puts a good shift in just dont see him as a natural goal scorer a player we need to reach 18-20 goals without Aguero its tough

Good job our midfield cash in all im saying otherwise we miss to many opertunities in ftont of goal

Gabby needs 4 shots to bag 1 somthing has to change especially if he wants to be No 1
So you think he had a poor game ?

The big difference in the first and second half was physical.

The first half was magnificent. The second showed what happens when the press gets a bit weaker, and Wolves have tonnes of pace to burn. We did really well to stand firm.

It's not quite there yet, but barring a brief period Stones looked great. Hopefully he can iron out the rustiness before it bites him and knocks his confidence.
Well said, getting some unfair flack from the usual angry ‘coaches’ on here. Mendy too had a good first half and wasn’t the only one to drop off in the second. Do people realise just how fast Traore is?
He’s the last guy you need in the second half when you’ve had no pre-season and given a phantom booking.

That is a VERY GOOD win, fully deserved, and we managed it well once wolves got their goal for me.

Trouble is that before Wolves got that goal, they could easily have had two or three more , and we need to be more vigilant, organised, and prepared at the back ..... we fell asleep in that opening 15/20 minutes of the second half.

But yes , overall, a brilliant three points for us.

We have just won away at Wolves with a very good display. Stop been such a fucking moaner you dont know how good we have it.
So when can we moan about Mendy? I'd rather people moan after a win. I don't even come on here after a bad result because I already feel shit enough without all the moaning making it worse.

Not having that. Stones was very good in the first half and aside from that 10 minute spell second half where they put us under pressure on our left side, didn’t put a foot wrong in the second.

Great all round first half. Hopefully our fitness improves as we go on and we can sustain that press a bit longer. Promising signs.

He was good apart from the time he had to defend? He got away with one or two things too. He ws still better than Mendy though.

I don't to come across as negative as I thought, on the whole, we were good. Very good when you consider the context (players missing, first game of the season etc..). It was a tough game. I thought Wolves defended very well and their level of fitness was very high. That will be one of our toughest games of the season. To come through it with three points is a big thing for us. We are already three points up on last season.

Well said, getting some unfair flack from the usual angry ‘coaches’ on here. Mendy too had a good first half and wasn’t the only one to drop off in the second. Do people realise just how fast Traore is?
He’s the last guy you need in the second half when you’ve had no pre-season and given a phantom booking.

Whilst you have a point, Mendy puts us on the back foot too often with his stray passes ... passes that don't reach our players because they fall short , or they are simply just cut out by the opposition .... too often he leaves us open to a rapid counter attacks.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.