Getting a GP appointment

I gave up trying to get a GP face to face a year ago.
WTF are they doing with their time?

I know times are tough, I know the NHS is having to deal with unprecedented times. I get all that.
However, if I want a GP appointment I now have to telephone at 8am and then redial about 60 times (not joking here) before I can get through to someone. I'm then told (if I have found the Golden Ticket or just bloody lucky) that I will receive a telephone appointment "at some time today."
That's not a problem usually, but I then have to go to work where (as a key worker) I also have telephone appointments (scheduled at specific times, 10 minutes each all back to back).
So how does, say, a construction worker up a scaffold cope when they get the phone call??
Is it just my surgery like this or is it all of them?
God I would hate that.
Here in Australia I can ring doctors at 9am and see him or her that afternoon, OR have a telephone consultation.
Brilliant system, all free.

I have a great service at my clinic. I used the weekend service about 4 weeks ago due to a really bad gout flare up (I haven't been officially diagnosed but I know what it is) and he confirmed the diagnosis over the phone but could add notes for my own GP to refer to. Then last week I booked a blood test (after the flare up had ended as recommended) using the online askmygp service, the receptionist just had to clear it with the doctor I guess. I know when I go for that the nurse will offer me my flu jab while I'm there.

10/10.

I could do with getting my ears syringed. The constant ringing won't disappear and they feel blocked.

Get some ear drops from the chemist to soften it ,use every day for a couple of weeks,it should come out on its own,my surgery wont syringe at the moment

I use Otex usually but my ears are crap. I was born deaf and hearing was largely restored when I was about 3. They've been dodgy ever since.

I remember the first time I had them syringed. It knocked my balance and I fell over in the street. This woman gave me a filthy look because she thought I was pissed.

I could do with getting my ears syringed. The constant ringing won't disappear and they feel blocked.

Get some ear drops from the chemist to soften it ,use every day for a couple of weeks,it should come out on its own,my surgery wont syringe at the moment
My 80yo dad mentioned yesterday that his clinic is doing it now but only for those with hearing aids but yes it looks like olive oil for the rest of us. It's a bit more expensive but I find the Earol spray action is better rather than the drops because it's so easy to apply. Some people struggle bending their head to the side to get the drops in too.

I know times are tough, I know the NHS is having to deal with unprecedented times. I get all that.
However, if I want a GP appointment I now have to telephone at 8am and then redial about 60 times (not joking here) before I can get through to someone. I'm then told (if I have found the Golden Ticket or just bloody lucky) that I will receive a telephone appointment "at some time today."
That's not a problem usually, but I then have to go to work where (as a key worker) I also have telephone appointments (scheduled at specific times, 10 minutes each all back to back).
So how does, say, a construction worker up a scaffold cope when they get the phone call??
Is it just my surgery like this or is it all of them?

I moved home 3 weeks ago.

Last week called the nearby surgery to register.

Had a phone call with a doctor in the afternoon

My previous surgery i was using was useless

My 80yo dad mentioned yesterday that his clinic is doing it now but only for those with hearing aids but yes it looks like olive oil for the rest of us. It's a bit more expensive but I find the Earol spray action is better rather than the drops because it's so easy to apply. Some people struggle bending their head to the side to get the drops in too.

I often put the drops in on one side in bed and feeling sleepy. You always need to remember to wipe away the residue otherwise it just hardens up again. It melts it more than dissolves.

When my ears were blocked, I once had someone push me over in a pub because I hadn't got out of his way. I had my back turned to him and he thought I was being awkward on purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.