Running thread

been off from running with issues around the groin/hip area for 2 weeks (adamant its a muscle tear or hernia)

thought to myself this resting isnt working that the doctors have advised nor are the stronger painkillers so last two nights done 5-6k running around.

Aching again and can feel the pain in my hip area but feel i need to just go run.
Take your time mate, only make it worse, rest it and keep applying ice or get ice baths.

I’ve been doing Maffetone running for 2.5 months now.

Ran 10km today with an average heart rate of 134Bpm at 5.50 pace. I decided to “sprint” the last km to see if all this “aerobic engine” stuff has actually made a difference to my ability to run quickly (it’s definitely made a difference in shedding body fat) and was pleased to run the final km in 4.02 minutes which is really good for me - especially after running 9km. Well chuffed with that :)

I’ve been doing Maffetone running for 2.5 months now.

Ran 10km today with an average heart rate of 134Bpm at 5.50 pace. I decided to “sprint” the last km to see if all this “aerobic engine” stuff has actually made a difference to my ability to run quickly (it’s definitely made a difference in shedding body fat) and was pleased to run the final km in 4.02 minutes which is really good for me - especially after running 9km. Well chuffed with that :)

It’s amazing the difference it makes isn’t it??
I made fantastic progress but not run for two weeks now due to Covid so going to have to see what effect that’s had when I return!

A friend has been informally coaching me. He's pushing me to do 45 mins by Christmas. He's into tough love and all that but I've told him to fuck off!
I like the sense of achievement when you get a new PB but I tend to pay the price for fast runs. Currently having a week off to get over some niggles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.