Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

Mahrez continually plays terribly in these early cup games, like he's offended to have been put in with the kids. Sané was similar, IMO it really differentiates the real team players and the ones focused on themselves above all. Sterling, Walker, Mendy, Rodri all supported the kids, took on more responsibility, could be seen guiding them through the game and looked like they were enjoying it.

Happy with that, I’m sure Pep wouldn’t have wanted walker and Foden to play 90 minutes ideally but I’d sooner that and we go through.

None of the kids looked like the weak link, all had good performances with Doyle the standout. Steffen shepherded the two cb’s through the game very well, was very vocal and his kicking looked more than competent. great to see Foden take more responsibility to be the main man tonight, was two or three levels above everybody else on the pitch. Torres and mahrez both non-existent first half, expected to see more from them. mahrez much more involved second half but seemed a bit off pace though, will put that down to isolation period. Torres shown a few glimpses in a 10 minute period but looked like he’s going to take a while to settle.

Honestly hope we move him on.
Ive never warmed to him.
I was hoping this year would see a change - and I know it's only one game - but he is far too greedy. Seemed reluctant to give Torres the ball early so when he did get the ball he was tightly marked, tried to take shots when better passes were on, same old, same old. He did help create the goal but he only seemed excited when Kev got injured and he could take a free kick! Maybe I'm being unfair but he should have caused them nightmares but didn't do it for me. Delap and Doyle were more fun to watch.

Anyway we shall see how he goes this year but for his ability he has to take any chance he can to make him part of the first 11 - sorry Mahrez fans, it's only my opinion and I maybe wrong...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.