Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I agree, but unless the developer is required to fund improvements to transport infrastructure and/or services as a condition attached to the planning permission for the scheme then it probably won't happen

Im not close to the detail of the infrastructure but isnt this current site a car park?
- The reallocation of those spaces plus extra arena spaces will be needed - a new mutli-story at the end of Mercer way?
- The Etihad stadium Tram stop is currently not suitable imo for just the stadium..if you add the arena and potential 5k more from the North stand development..it would not be fit for purpose. Surely the Metrolink would review this and somehow overhaul? somewhere to back up multiple trams
- would there be a national rail option from the car park back to Victoria?

Im not close to the detail of the infrastructure but isnt this current site a car park?
- The reallocation of those spaces plus extra arena spaces will be needed - a new mutli-story at the end of Mercer way?
- The Etihad stadium Tram stop is currently not suitable imo for just the stadium..if you add the arena and potential 5k more from the North stand development..it would not be fit for purpose. Surely the Metrolink would review this and somehow overhaul? somewhere to back up multiple trams
- would there be a national rail option from the car park back to Victoria?
It's the land north of the canal/west of Alan Turing Way. I don't think it's been used for car parking in recent years its just a vacant site. So I don't think any current spaces are being lost (it might be used for parking coaches but I might be wrong, I usually walk to the ground from a different direction so I am not sure about this TBH).

I would have thought that extra parking spaces would certainly be needed when matches clash with Arena events.

I think the solution would require some extra parking plus some bus and tram reinforcement. In terms of public transport, unless the developer is compelled to make a contribution as part of the planning process then any improvements would have to be funded from public authorities. Not sure how this would rank against other local priorities though.

The rail line that runs past the stadium is currently used for freight trains and empty passenger trains returning to depot. In the long term I see no reason why a station couldn't be provided there (i.e. there is plenty of space and it wouldn't interfere with existing services) but this would need significant new infrastructure spend (at least £20m) and a service provider to agree to provide some trains. New or better heavy rail doesn't seem to be the priority around Manchester, instead the Mayor and others seem to prefer the idea of converting more railway lines to Metrolink...

When i went to the arena display they had at the cycling centre I asked about getting the train line back up, they said its "not easy". I got the feeling they didn't have any major rabbits to pull out of the hat in terms of transport.

We get more income...
Manchester Arena is pissed off too. Probably because they'll make less money too.

The proposed income, would it be from rent, sale of the land, incidental income from sales. Possible hotel built by City.
Any idea of possible income levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.