steve marriott

By the general public I would say no.

By others in the music industry he was highly respected and is constantly naems.as an influence to many.

A bit like Ray Davies who was probably the best songwriter of the mid 60s, but is overlooked for pop song writing of lennon/McCartney.

If I picked the two bands of the era I never turn off it's the small faces and the kinks

If I picked the two bands of the era I never turn off it's the small faces and the kinks
Snap.

Marriott never got the historical recognition he deserved - the recent music votes on here illustrate that perfectly, not a mention in the Singles or Album top 100. Tin Soldier should have been well up there in the Singles Top 100 vote.

Snap.

Marriott never got the historical recognition he deserved - the recent music votes on here illustrate that perfectly, not a mention in the Singles or Album top 100. Tin Soldier should have been well up there in the Singles Top 100 vote.
Steve Marriott was great at what he did but most on here weren't even born in the 60s so it's hardly surprising that aren't many votes for him.
A lot of bands in the 60s hit a high point and then fizzled out. I'm thinking bands like the animals, The Yardbirds, Procal Harem, The Hollies etc.
I don't think the Small faces were any better or worse than these bands and I think Tin soldier was there High point, after that they Faded and it led to discontentment.
Steve was a great singer though, but so was the guy in Free.
Alright Now.... Baby it's alright now :)

Snap.

Odgens Nut Gone Flake is a great record but like you say maybe not enough people have heard it. I put Forever Changes by Love in and it got pretty high. There was some who said they hadn't heard of Love. He was a great talent

Saw Humble Pie at Free Trade Hall, he was immense. They had to lay a plastic sheet down because he kept gobbing. The support band were Heavy Metal Kids with Gary Holton on vocals, both of them were to die tragically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.