Jules Koundé

Later during the 90. He was breathing heavilly & having to dig deep, but still doing it pretty well.
Did you watch the entire match? Bayern were causing trouble right from the off the defence had to work their socks off surprising he wasn't receiving oxygen late on.
In general I was impressed but I would point out that he was operating as an important part of a solid defensive system. However, concerns about his height are misplaced he has a leap like a salmon and looks strong in the tackle as well.

Did you watch the entire match? Bayern were causing trouble right from the off the defence had to work their socks off surprising he wasn't receiving oxygen late on.
In general I was impressed but I would point out that he was operating as an important part of a solid defensive system. However, concerns about his height are misplaced he has a leap like a salmon and looks strong in the tackle as well.

No I only saw the latter stages. He doesn't look match fit to me, yet.

His jumping ability is actually bizarre. He could get a lot of goals from set pieces if we work on it.

Almost no one here watched the whole game or even most of it, I assume people here who say he was just "ok" turned up in the 75th minute after our match ended. I had the game up on the telly while watching a stream of our match online so I was able to watch both games and he was *really* good. Unbeatable in the air, recovers fast, really good performance.

I watched all of it. I would discount extra time as that game should have gone straight to pens

He looked good against the best team around, not sure what else people want.

I’m going to say this quietly but I think he might have a bit of the Otemendi about him I.e he enjoys a slide tackle and getting stuck it. He put his teammate under pressure at the start with a pass that the other player wasn’t in a position to receive but overall and given it was his first game of the season he was good

Wether he’s worth 60mil is a conversation for another day but seen as though they only paid 20 for him last season, I’d ask why weren’t we at the table then. Has he really improved that much in 1 season, really?

I watched all of it. I would discount extra time as that game should have gone straight to pens

He looked good against the best team around, not sure what else people want.

I’m going to say this quietly but I think he might have a bit of the Otemendi about him I.e he enjoys a slide tackle and getting stuck it. He put his teammate under pressure at the start with a pass that the other player wasn’t in a position to receive but overall and given it was his first game of the season he was good

Wether he’s worth 60mil is a conversation for another day but seen as though they only paid 20 for him last season, I’d ask why weren’t we at the table then. Has he really improved that much in 1 season, really?

Difficult to know each individual case.

I recon we probably haven't been especially following him & have got lucky, that he stood out recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.