Carabao Cup R4 Draw - Burnley (A)

So we need to beat Burnley to reach another QF in this competition.

One of Liverpool/Arsenal and one of Spurs/Chelsea won't be in the next round.

If we win it this season we will equal Liverpool's record of consecutive wins (4) and most wins (8) and I think we have a pretty good chance of doing it.
I am proud to say that I have attended 7 of the 8 League Cup Finals that City have appeared in (I missed the Sunderland 2014 final). I enjoy these games far more than any CL game,but I think that is just an age thing.

I am proud to say that I have attended 7 of the 8 League Cup Finals that City have appeared in (I missed the Sunderland 2014 final). I enjoy these games far more than any CL game,but I think that is just an age thing.

I think it’s denial more than age.

I struggle to believe most City fans, regardless of age, don’t get more joy from us going to places like Real Madrid away and winning and instead prefer to watch a youth team mix winning a 3rd round game against Bournemouth at home.

Let’s be honest, if there were regular crowds still, there would have been about 20k empty seats at that game last night and an atmosphere colder than a mother in law’s kiss.

Everton looks like good value to win this cup. All the teams in European competition are going to rest players right the way through.

I don't see why some of the clubs who haven't won a trophy in years don't go all out for this.

I struggle to believe most City fans, regardless of age, don’t get more joy from us going to places like Real Madrid away and winning and instead prefer to watch a youth team mix winning a 3rd round game against Bournemouth at home.

Let’s be honest, if there were regular crowds still, there would have been about 20k empty seats at that game last night and an atmosphere colder than a mother in law’s kiss.
No I meant the actual League Cup Finals, not the early rounds. I much prefer a Wembley visit for a League Cup Final than any latter stage CL game vs so called glamorous opposition in Europe.

In the home LC match against, then, Championship Wolves three years ago, City had 50,755. Empty seats are usually down to the pricing structure.

It's highly unlikely that, after three successful Carabou Cup campaigns, we're going to 'successively' continue winning this trophy, and Burnley at Turf Moor could well prove to be more of an obstacle than most of us are expecting .... realistically, because bigger clubs usually play weaker line ups, it's probably one of the likelier competitions that a team like Burnley could actually do well in .... providing of course they take the game seriously themselves!

Last edited:
7pm on Wed low quality PPV streamed event.

They got 5/8 on Sky assuming there was role over from Spurs getting the bye.

Five ties out of Eight picked for TV and we're still not one of them ...
Oh well, I guess they don't see a cupset coming against us!

Live TV selections for Round Four of the Carabao Cup have been confirmed.
Confirmed ties to be shown live on Sky Sports Football are as follows;

Tuesday 29 September: Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea - 7:45pm
Wednesday 30 September: Newport County v Newcastle United - 5:30pm
Wednesday 30 September: Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester United - 7.45pm
Thursday 1 October: Brentford v Fulham - 5:30pm
Thursday 1 October: Liverpool v Arsenal - 7.45pm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.