Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible in this country to put a muzzle on the press, no matter how deserving some hacks and some of the newsprint are. What we can do is take a stand and not let certain individuals get onto the campus. If we are contracted then we make it clear that we are fine with that but we are not having X or Y on the premises, send someone else, and if they want to write lies, propaganda, the ramblings of a modern day Goebbels, the same red card will be presented.
Do you know how many of these reptiles ever actually cover a City game unless we are playing a red top team? I know from listening to a lot of them that if they aren't covering a game on our CL nights they claim they have ignored our game and watched any other team rather than us.

In many ways its about the oxygen of publicity for these. I don't buy papers; back when I was commuting I'd pick up the Metro as it's free. Ditto the MUEN on Thurs/Fri. Is there ever anything insightful in them? Its literally join the dots journalism. Newspaper sales have been in decline for years and Covid will accelerate that.

Never forget the Monday after clinching the FA Cup to land an historic grand slam of domestic trophies. The hate and resentment towards us is palpable. That's really sad as we are I think decent supporters who've stood by their team through thick n thin.

Don't let these arses affect how we feel about our club. Do you think the average person has heard of the more spiteful members of the press pack.? Doubt it very much.

So I'm not wasting my breath getting upset about the relative coverage given to us, Villa or the Dips. I just enjoyed the the goals we scored, the sight of so many promising youngsters and the prospect of a trip to the dueling banjos :-)))

absolute pisstake

"curtis jones dazzles", "liverpool hit SEVEN", "match wasn't short of any screamers", "rampant reserves turned on the style", etc

"showed football lacks compassion", "wrong to humiliate their lower league opponents", "just plain wrong", "sad to witness", "did not deserve what city put them through", "what good will come of it?", "doesn't enhance city's reputation", "what a shame", "kicking someone when they were down", "wasn't good to see", "real people with human emotions", "butchered to death", "nobody is impressed"

the difference being we were playing a side who had just been relegated from the championship (tier 2).

and they were playing a side who spent most of the last decade in the conference (tier 5).

Watching sky sports news now and they said coming up next we hear from Pep. This is a carabao cup game we're talking about here btw. And the first question he asks the pundit, regarding a carabao cup game, is basically do you think Peps dissapointed he hasn't won the CL and Klopp has?

Fuck off.

So Jones is twenty next before Delap turns eighteen. If anything you really would've thought Liam might've been the main story. Scoring against a relegated prem side or scoring against Lincoln, come on you biased media twats sort yourselves out

absolute pisstake

"curtis jones dazzles", "liverpool hit SEVEN", "match wasn't short of any screamers", "rampant reserves turned on the style", etc

"showed football lacks compassion", "wrong to humiliate their lower league opponents", "just plain wrong", "sad to witness", "did not deserve what city put them through", "what good will come of it?", "doesn't enhance city's reputation", "what a shame", "kicking someone when they were down", "wasn't good to see", "real people with human emotions", "butchered to death", "nobody is impressed"

the difference being we were playing a side who had just been relegated from the championship (tier 2).

and they were playing a side who spent most of the last decade in the conference (tier 5).
Highlights it perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.