Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looks like a giant OG PS4

SPS4500GB003_l.jpg

Hopefully local construction companies with no blacklists this time.

indeed, I was working in the middle of the main pitch at the academy stadium on a mobile crane and was proud to do so, in fact I put pics on here to which the next day city had contacted my company for me to take them off, how they knew I dunno lol we also erected and dismantled the tower cranes for the south stand 3rd tier extension though not me personally so locals do get on jobs of this nature, not sure who will get the contract for this project mind, hopefully be in the tender for local labour but I doubt it....

I'm not a big fan of the design. Also, think it will spoil the view walking up Joe Mercer way if half the stadium is overshadowed by a big black box.

Obviously a great coup for the local economy in current times though.

Any chance it will be used on match days like them box parks
This was brought up at the planning meeting, below is what was said

"What would happen if events clash with Manchester City games?

Cheetham and Collyhurst ward councillor Shaukat Ali says he supports the plans but that his “one concern” is that the new arena would host events throughout the year and that occasionally there could be events at the same time of the football.

Has it been thought out carefully what would happen on those occasions he asks.

The council’s planning officer Mr Roscoe says there could be midweek Manchester City games and that they currently anticipate around 10-15 clashes per year.

He says special measures would be put in place to address that for instance staggering finish times.

“Its unlikely a music event would start and end at the same time as a football match” he says.

He adds huge numbers of people who attend games at the Etihad currently walk to and from the city centre and that its hoped the plans would encourage more people to do that".

Do they have plans with this to do anything about the lack of places to eat and drink around the etihad?
I think the arena is likely to open up for food and drinks for football fans on matchdays. I would also expect there to be huge opportunities to sell joint tourism/corporate packages for gigs and matches. If they can sort the transport ( admittedly a big if) it will be fantastic. It could easily be used like the Boxparks at Wembley Stadium. It's brillliant that the investors are confident enough to push ahead with this during a global pandemic and shows great confidence in Manchester at a time when we need it.
I think the whingers at the existing Manchester Arena have totally misjudged the mood of people in this region with their opposition to this. They need to get their act together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.