Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern fans & pundits were heavily critical of Pep when his decision was made to join City. Even at Barca, there's regrettably a sizable portion of fan base angry with him. I expect similar to happen when he leaves here so no, I do not see it as entirely distinct

Interesting. I expect given the history of City that you'll see a different result.

I do think you are way off on that one. I disagree on Garcia's potential/quality with NK, but i honestly highly doubt that is in any way whatsoever a consideration (even with the catalan pep/puyol link pointed out).
I've been reading posts here for a many years with special interest in the Academy and progress of young players. When I read
" Since he was unfairly promoted to the first team ahead of others, I think he's been total shit & he would never have played if he wasn't from Barca & Puyol wasn't his agent. "
and similar "foreign bias" conspiracy crap posts time and again, I am reminded of my time coaching when little kids ran crying to their over anxious parents whinging about the numerous theories they had as to why they should get more game time than other kids and the mindless anger from the parents.

As I say, a 19 year old central defender getting into a starting role at a club like City
[/QUOTE]

Getting a starting role at a club were the defenders are: Ota and Stones and Fern is no achievement considering the problems both defenders had last year and why Fern was pushed into Cb.

You are getting a steady player at present. When he matures and bulks up maybe you will have an excellent player but he won’t get any quicker. The jury is out, decent player but that is it.

I just don't see it, he's not fast or strong but is decent at passing. Can hardly say he's great at reading the game as he's not played enough matches to be the judge of that at a high level.

I've had this opinion well before he asked to leave, best of luck to him and I hope he proves me wrong in a different league.

Bayern fans & pundits were heavily critical of Pep when his decision was made to join City. Even at Barca, there's regrettably a sizable portion of fan base angry with him. I expect similar to happen when he leaves here so no, I do not see it as entirely distinct

There are some clubs that this is the case at. It is borne of a sense of entitlement, the kind that punishes Raz for years because he couldn't possibly want to leave. Barcelona, Liverpool and Bayern undoubtedly have it but, fortunately, we do not, at least not yet, and I hope we never develop it as it is a horrible quality in a fan.

Eric is a good prospect and may well blossom into a top player. He is, as any 19 year old is, far from the finished article and if he wishes to return to his home club, and they pay what we ask, he goes with good wishes. If he reaches the end of his contract with us, he is entitled to leave freely. Barcelona cannot have their cake and eat it just because they are Barcelona: times are changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.