Police officer shot dead in London police station

How has this happened that he was neither cuffed or searched , they get searched at the scene for weapons usually i think
I don't know the full facts of this dreadful incident, mainly because I have been at work in a custody suite, talking to my team who are understandably shocked.

But in general a large percentage of people arrested are not routinely handcuffed-if they are officers need to submit a use of force form (rather cumbersome and time consuming). personally when I was a pc everybody was handcuffed.

Secondly I dont know where he was arrested but officers will only do a s32 search on arrest -which is only cursory-pockets etc. Strip searches have to be done out of public view and in custody only when the custody sergeant authorises it due to prev intel/weapons etc.

My own suite had a detainee with a loaded gun down his underwear which was found during a strip search. Many detainees have knives secreted on them. It is commonplace.

I have remarked on many threads here from my own personal experience. I feared this would happen-but for now my thoughts are with the officer's family, friends and colleagues. Heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I don't know the full facts of this dreadful incident, mainly because I have been at work in a custody suite, talking to my team who are understandably shocked.

But in general a large percentage of people arrested are not routinely handcuffed-if they are officers need to submit a use of force form (rather cumbersome and time consuming). personally when I was a pc everybody was handcuffed.

Secondly I dont know where he was arrested but officers will only do a s32 search on arrest -which is only cursory-pockets etc. Strip searches have to be done out of public view and in custody only when the custody sergeant authorises it due to prev intel/weapons etc.

My own suite had a detainee with a loaded gun down his underwear which was found during a strip search. Many detainees have knives secreted on them. It is commonplace.

I have remarked on many threads here from my own personal experience. I feared this would happen-but for now my thoughts are with the officer's family, friends and colleagues. Heartbreaking.
Thank you for the clarification , it is indeed very sad

RIP. My thought go out to his friends, family & colleagues.

At a time when people like to bash the Police, some forget that many of them risk their lives every day to keep them safe. Tragic that this happened to someone who left their house, just wanting to do their job and won't be returning again due to some bellend carrying a gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.