Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not the point I'm making basically a 15M sale in the books would just about cover Dias fee and wages for his first season. The higher book value we get for Otamendi the better, doesn't mean City and Benfica think he's worth that much, just a bit of creative accounting.
2 years wages just dont see anyone paying City double figures for Otamendi when he can still get paid a hansom wage for staying put or we would have to pay him

Best City can do is loan him with wages paid & option at the end

12m payoff I'm afraid & less wages wherever he lands

Just dont see using him as make weight it doesnt like I've said before add up when he doesnt want to leave

Dias or whoever we buy it will be out right & Nico out on loan for the season??

Not a Varane, but quick enough to play high defensive line and cover space left in behind.

Thanks for the info....a friend of mine mentioned something tonight and I wonder what you think about this. He said that Lindelof impressed for Benfica in the Portuguese league but has been poor in the PL over here. How would you compare the two players.

Third time lucky with this guy? Never seen him play but surely can’t be that bad with 18 internationals at only 23.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us ending up with Tarkowski at this stage. Anyone decent is an upgrade on Garcia and Otamendi tbh.

I'm always nervous about buying anyone from the Portuguese league, because more often than not, they're overpriced and/or shit. Hope this guy isn't if we get him.

Ok trying to look at positives. Guy seems a born leader and we’ve all been crying out for that. Brilliant passer, good in the air. Might also be a really clever signing in giving Bernardo a bit of a focus, taking him under his wing. Help lift him out of whatever’s been going on.

By far though the biggest positive is Benfica fans are fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.