Sheik Mansour’s City project great for football.

Imagine if the press & media had loved City & The project since The Sheik bought us.

Imagine if they had waxed about a famous old club with legions of loyal, funny , self deprecating local fans trying to take on the establishment clubs.

Imagine what would’ve happened if they applauded the visionary ‘ speculate to accumulate ‘ plan of a successful modest young business man.

What could’ve been, if they had just given due credit to the reign of Bobby Manc, the era of Manuel Pelligrini, the appointment of the finest coach on the Planet, Pep Guadiola.

How would we be perceived globally if the multiple record breaking seasons we’ve had were report as “ Brilliant....Breathtaking....The Best Ever....Scientific....Balletic...Unsurpassed....England’s Best....Europe’s Finest ?

How many more youngsters would now be shirt buying fans ? How many million more hits would MANCITY get ? How big would our global social media presence be ? How much more would the club be worth ? How many City players would’ve won POTS, TOS, GOS,SOS,MOS etc ? Would Vinny have been awarded a civic or civil honour by The Queen or Government for his modest work for Manchester’s homeless ?

Call me old fashioned if you like but, if the ‘ Beckham Factor’ had have been judiciously applied to City or the facts just reported accurately, without bias, lies, distortion, favouritism or casual racism, do you think City’s position in world football would be different ?
Imagine a sheik, who we had never heard of from a place mysterious to us, coming and saying:
"I'm going to make City great"
Imagine liddle ol' citeh signing the most technically gifted inside forward in the world.
Imagine City recruiting a world class striker who goes on to become our greatest goal scorer ever.
Imagine City signing some ginger Chelsea reject and him dismantling the premier league's best defences time after time.
Imagine City signing a supreme leader of men to marshall our defence and lead the club to trophy after trophy.
Imagine City taking on an Italian manager to tell Fergie to fuck off.
Imagine almost reverting to typical City, only to score twice in added time to take the title away from the rags.
Imagine making the rags tear down that disrespectful scoreboard.
Imagine City breaking record after record and scoring 100 points in a season.
Imagine City making a clean sweep of all four domestic competitions and retaining the title.
Imagine the joy in the heart of every blue as City played a brand of football to enrapture the spirit, a wonder of passing, pressing, tactical nous and bewitching skill.
Imagine the press hating us just because we are not one of their darling red teams.
Imagine the old establishment hating us because we took "their" titles away and did not know our place.
If that were to happen, we could shove it down the disbelieving throats of rags and dippers and the fucking Grauniad.
Oh, just imagine it, but it just can't happen, can it?
Nice try, Sheik.

Last edited:
Fuck em, fuck the lot of em. The media are a bunch of fuckwits who have had the snout in the trough for far too long to see or even understand what is happening. Stupid people fail to recognise or accept change. We've seen it all,some good, lots of bad, they have seen fuck all but success at any price. Sooner or later they will come fawning, caps doft. Pretending they were behind us all along, agreeing that investment not debt is the way forward. That day will come and the tide will turn. Then we can fuck them off, untill then just enjoy and remember the shit times and smile, like we all do coz we remember it with fondness , life is too short to worry about what know nowts think.

Interesting to see Bobby Duncan is back from Italy and has signed for Derby County, but I've seen three reports in the Mail, BBC and Sun, and all of them mention him as if his only previous club was Liverpool. He was with us from the age of ten and the dippers for about five minutes before he fell out with them. They media really are trying to erase us from history, although true to form the rancid Liverpool fan base are piling in to him for having the cheek to leave as if he had cost them millions.
Remember him coming back to the Academy and, I think, nicking a goal in the YC final that we were diddle out of. His time at Liverpool seems to have ended in acrimony - something that won't appear in the press!

Imagine if the press & media had loved City & The project since The Sheik bought us.

Imagine if they had waxed about a famous old club with legions of loyal, funny , self deprecating local fans trying to take on the establishment clubs.

Imagine what would’ve happened if they applauded the visionary ‘ speculate to accumulate ‘ plan of a successful modest young business man.

What could’ve been, if they had just given due credit to the reign of Bobby Manc, the era of Manuel Pelligrini, the appointment of the finest coach on the Planet, Pep Guadiola.

How would we be perceived globally if the multiple record breaking seasons we’ve had were report as “ Brilliant....Breathtaking....The Best Ever....Scientific....Balletic...Unsurpassed....England’s Best....Europe’s Finest ?

How many more youngsters would now be shirt buying fans ? How many million more hits would MANCITY get ? How big would our global social media presence be ? How much more would the club be worth ? How many City players would’ve won POTS, TOS, GOS,SOS,MOS etc ? Would Vinny have been awarded a civic or civil honour by The Queen or Government for his modest work for Manchester’s homeless ?

Call me old fashioned if you like but, if the ‘ Beckham Factor’ had have been judiciously applied to City or the facts just reported accurately, without bias, lies, distortion, favouritism or casual racism, do you think City’s position in world football would be different ?
I don’t care what anyone else says about us. I only care about what we think (not just me and you, but City fans in general).

If all the bollocks talked by the press means that some no marks from the USA doesn’t buy our shirt, then, good! Not only do I not give a shit about these overseas fans but I only want people to follow us for the love of the club from what they see with their own eyes, not what they’re swayed to think with their weak personalities.

I don’t care what anyone else says about us. I only care about what we think (not just me and you, but City fans in general).

If all the bollocks talked by the press means that some no marks from the USA doesn’t buy our shirt, then, good! Not only do I not give a shit about these overseas fans but I only want people to follow us for the love of the club from what they see with their own eyes, not what they’re swayed to think with their weak personalities.

What if they fell in love with us because the read, heard or watched how good we were because of regular fair and accurate reporting ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.