Old songs

Sha la la la Summerbee
Who the fucking hell is he?
The greatest centre forward in history
United one and City three
Georgie Best has got VD
Bobby Charlton takes LSD

Pull the thread. What's the point? Some people would still like to be singing offensive stuff (like at Hackney Wick station after last West Ham game).

What on earth was going through our minds to think that was exceptable to sing that,disgusting looking back on it :+(

I think that the opening post on the thread answers your question quite adequately.

What old songs don’t we sing anymore cos they’re either not relevant or considered “offensive” by today’s standards and should we bring them back once we’re allowed back into grounds?
In the period they were sung, it was "acceptable" to show programmes such as Love thy Neighbour, Till death us do part, the Comedians, and even Fawlty Towers. Times and attitudes were certainly different. To moralise now over something that was acceptable over 50, yes, 50 years ago seems strange now if you lived through it at the time, as probably most of us on here did.
Hindsight is wonderful, but, at the time, it was the present day. Remember, 100 years earlier, children worked in the mines.

What on earth was going through our minds to think that was exceptable to sing that,disgusting looking back on it :+(
I remember coming back from a match and telling my Dad we'd sung that and him being absolutely disgusted with me and me finding that very funny. And the "You'll be g****d by 5 o'clock" one as well. Can't belive we did that and when I tell my (adult) lads now they are just as appauled as my Dad was back then.

Swales Out
Rangers, Celtic - repeat several times getting louder
We can also resurrect this season the " we all fucking hate Leeds " song

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.