Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looked like it was either farewell or that everyone is having a laugh because they’ve made him captain in return for him to stay.

On the basis of that game, his body position is good as he’s usually side on, his passing was good, he was good in the air, he’s used to being in a high line, he didn’t get outrun in the channels, he was strong in the challenge and his first instinct isn’t to slide on his arse. Collectively it looks like an upgrade on current candidates in the RCB position.

So is Dias on the same or similar level as the other rumoured targets Koulibaly and Kounde? I can't say I have watched any of them play so it's a genuine question.

Well, it looked like it was either farewell or that everyone is having a laugh because they’ve made him captain in return for him to stay.

On the basis of that game, his body position is good as he’s usually side on, his passing was good, he was good in the air, he’s used to being in a high line, he didn’t get outrun in the channels, he was strong in the challenge and his first instinct isn’t to slide on his arse. Collectively it looks like an upgrade on current candidates in the RCB position.
LOL, that rules him out from signing for us then,

Benfica fan here, really sad to see him leave as we expected him to be our captain and leader for years to come. At least he is going to my favorite club after Benfica.

Imo being a Benfica and also a City fan I think it’s a good signing for City, he has evolved a lot since he started to play for our A team especially when it comes to passing which he was not that good but now he is really confident doing through balls and long passes as well.

He’s not at Laporte’s level but he is without a doubt an upgrade to Otamendi (which I’m not happy about his arrival) and imo Ruben is a better CB than Garcia and Stones as well. Don’t have an opinion about Ake, cause I’ve not seen him play that much yet.

He’s also the leader of Portugal’s defense at the moment and he should not have problems settling in with all the ‘benfiquistas’ in your squad. So, treat him well and I hope it turns out to be an excellent signing for city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.