steve marriott

No. He didn't. But he didn't make it easy on himself. Like one his record company bosses said, "Steve just didn''t give a ___." I've tried to get friends into him. Played some of Ogden Nut... or TIn Soldier. The Sad Bag of Shakey Jake. Love the live performance of that you can find on Youtube. Really showed that leaving The Faces for Humble Pie, wasn't such a bad idea after all. If I play the first HP album or maybe Bridge of Sighs, the Robin Trower Band album. my friends always go "wow, you were right about the vocalist!" RIP Steve and Jim. Both deerved to be remembered among that era's greatest singers.

Last edited:
Small Faces got absolutely rinsed by management.Might have influenced his decision to split. They produced an intensive and consistently great body of work.
Marriott chose a change with Humble Pie and I think hit it big in the States for a while?
The rest of the Faces were great on their own terms, and of course went on to produce top records and gigs with Rod the ex Mod ...
The infamous Don Ardern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.