10pm pubs shut Saturday 26th september

I was responding to your point about pubs and the reduced hours meaning more in at any one time. It wont.

So two weeks ago I was in the gasworks at 4pm, only about 5-6 tables were full, yesterday all were full and people waiting for some to free up.

When I left the other week there were steady stream of people having a few hrs drinking and leaving before others arrive, now everyone has the same time period if they choose to go out, which unfortunately people will.

Condensing the hours will not limit the numbers going out, it will mean more out at the same time.

So two weeks ago I was in the gasworks at 4pm, only about 5-6 tables were full, yesterday all were full and people waiting for some to free up.

When I left the other week there were steady stream of people having a few hrs drinking and leaving before others arrive, now everyone has the same time period if they choose to go out, which unfortunately people will.

Condensing the hours will not limit the numbers going out, it will mean more out at the same time.

It is to stop "night club behaviour" were it is passed on very quickly.

Most pubs were shutting around 10pm anyway which were not City centre, but standardising the closing time doesn't help the overspill onto the streets at the same time which 24 hour pub licensing was supposed to stop.

It is to stop "night club behaviour" were it is passed on very quickly.

Most pubs were shutting around 10pm anyway which were not City centre, but standardising the closing time doesn't help the overspill onto the streets at the same time which 24 hour pub licensing was supposed to stop.

Unfortunately night club behaviour happens pre 10pm especially if people are out earlier drinking, as my brothers text to me stated bridge st and spiningfields was packed with revelers on the streets and beer gardens add to that people also on the street in queues to get in full places.

A major city centre will have space and crowd issues with drinkers on a weekend especially once the early eavening comes along.

As I said for me either close them completely or spend the money on more peole to enforce the rules otherwise 10pm closing is just a gimmick.

Personal choice would be temp closure again,
I have chosen to not go out the last two weeks but many won't and in enough numbers that infections will still spread

personally I’ve found pubs, bars and restaurants more enjoyable than what they was before - they’re less busy now, you get better table service and it’s just all alot calmer.

Yep, good point ..... i was always one to just stand at the bar drinking and chat to both barstaff and strangers alike, but sometimes pubs were just that busy i waited ages to actually get served ..... now i sit down and the barstaff are bringing me a drink within minutes, and most places don't appear quite so crowded .... it definitely does have its advantages.

No it wont. If you have to sit at socially distanced tables and get served at them then they can only have so many in at any one time
I’ve been in town at 4pm on a Saturday a few times in the last couple of months and never saw any queues. This is a predictable outcome of closing pubs at 10pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.