VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
was told yesterday if the players have left the pitch the match cant restart, so i would tell my team to leave the pitch at the nearest point and walk round the pitch to the tunnel ;)
That seems a highly appropriate addition to what is fast becoming a farce. No doubt IFAB will be rapidly adding to the list of international decisions that players are not allowed to scarper from the field of play until FatJonny has finished his aria!

Aah, and the handball law gives Rangers a leg up. I doubt if the Motherwell defender would be more oblivous to where the ball was going than at any other point in the game. The old accidental handball is fuckin' defenders left, right and centre. Attackers can flick the ball up at a defender's arm - can defenders do the same to attackers?

VAR is nuts and will ruin the game

That hand ball rule is insane.

Yes, We benifited from it yesterday and went on to win against Palace and I am happy about that. But I still cannot see how it was a penalty? and this is going to happen every week and ruin games.

I said a couple of years ago that it was a licence to aim for the arms (see Mane, CL Cup Final vs Spurs).
This year that's been done to make it even clearer a directive.

I don't think the Everton player did that in this case, but there wasn't much the defender could do - his arm didn't look that far from his body.

It's a bookable offence to leave the pitch without the ref's permission, so the ref will just inform the captains that play stops at the final whistle, and they must wait for confirmation over VAR.

Either way, it's going to be a very very small amount of occasions when it occurs, and isn't worth a lot of thought. I'd be more bothered about the timing being correct to allow the corner.

It's a bookable offence to leave the pitch without the ref's permission, so the ref will just inform the captains that play stops at the final whistle, and they must wait for confirmation over VAR.

Either way, it's going to be a very very small amount of occasions when it occurs, and isn't worth a lot of thought. I'd be more bothered about the timing being correct to allow the corner.

Will probably only be used when the rags have managed to fuck up in a game they were almost winning - under the help rags at all costs " section of the PiGMOL manual.

Aah, and the handball law gives Rangers a leg up. I doubt if the Motherwell defender would be more oblivous to where the ball was going than at any other point in the game. The old accidental handball is fuckin' defenders left, right and centre. Attackers can flick the ball up at a defender's arm - can defenders do the same to attackers?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.