Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd lose at Anfield if we had a prime Keith Curle, Usain Bolt, Lance Armstrong on his bike and a juiced up Ben Johnson as a back 4.....Not worth fretting about.
Time to call on Nicolas Anelka

You're quite knowledgeable about the EDS/youth teams unless I'm mistaken. What is stopping Doyle replacing Fernandinho. Maybe it's just my amateur eyes, but he seems to have the engine and the off the ball intelligence. He's maybe not as physically imposing as Ferna but he's very young and could definitely develop. I really hope they find a spot for him either way.

Thought Doyle was very good vs Bournmouth - been very impressed by him every time Ive seen him - for me he jut needs to be tested in the premiership but he is clearly a very intelligent player.

Lovely little in depth counting report from May 2020 for anyone wanting to familiarise yourself with the lad (from an independent third party site):

That’s quite a glowing report.Contrasts sharply with some of the opinions voiced on here

Not sure a lot of scouting reports have touched on it but Dias has a very, very good left foot, not as good as KDB's but better than most. He has even played left back on a few occasions (queue the jokes). Having a player who's good with both feet at passing short or long is one of Pep's biggest requirements in the backline, and a huge advantage for any side in general.

Well after a couple of days of still never watching him play but reading this thread, I'm going all in and saying this is a fabulous signing.
Reading between the lines it's quite obvious he was high on our list of preferred targets but we were baulking at the fee. As soon as that changed and we were given a nudge that a deal could be made for a lot less than previously thought we went for it. For once our patience at the negotiating table worked, albeit by default due to Benfica getting knocked out of CL and suddenly finding themselves with a large shortfall of cash.
Unlucky for them but great news for us.
The long and short of it is our CB options going forward are light years ahead of last season and could potentially be set for the next 4/5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.