COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's disgusting the way the media has scapegoated students who are being locked in their rooms and paying £9000 a year for a few Zoom lectures. A lot of these Micky Mouse universities have been ripping young people off for years. Just another poisonous PR campaign to deflect attention away from the complete failure of our politicians.

Some sadly love lapping it up.

Regional scoreboard :

London - despite numbers down this had a big rise from 361 to 587

Midlands - another very consistent number here 569 - up from 561 - and it was 572 two days ago. This happens often in this region for some reason.

Yorkshire - a small fall fron 682 to 636.

And North West down too but not by as much as you would hope from 1645 to 1569.

Thing is, Without knowing long term side effects this could be a horrific move. We know it effects nerves, could it hide in those nerves like chicken pox and come back later but worse? We don’t know. We know it effects testicles, could it effect reproductive rates in the future, we don’t know. We know it hits the heart, will that cause life long damage we don’t know.

So while you idea seems sound, it’s far from risk free and could cause significant long term damage that is unforeseen at the moment.
It isn't risk free, but it's less risky than letting the virus spread as it will due to a large segment of our society no longer giving a shit about protecting the vulnerable.

Last edited:
Is it the nhs one or the other one ? Only download the official ones, mine just downloaded fine , it is debatable if it is worth it at all as the nhs one cant input all the tests done anyway
Yes thanks it is official. At the moment i cant even get City. So it can wait in a nhs queue

Half time up date:-

GM scoreboard unhappily is worse today than yesterday despite the drop in cases nationally and in the NW.

Total of 728 - 76 more than yesterday.

Quick highlight - Stockport back to being best again after Trafford had a big rise today.

Some places had good falls but we have two 100 + towns yet Bolton is not one - that had a big fall.

I have been warning about somewhere going out of control and with scary rises in numbers but even I never thought just weeks after clocking zero that Wigan would ever make three figure numbers in a day,

But unbelievably it has.

That investigation I said we needed yesterday into why Wigan was going nuclear. It is now vital.

And sadly a hefty rise in hospital numbers and ventilators up too - reversing the fall of yesterday.

Hope City cheer us up in the second half.

I’m sure I just heard on the news that security guards are stopping MMU students leaving their halls of residence. I know the halls have been asked to isolate but I didn’t know they could not leave. As this is against the law, can anyone confirm this?

I’m sure I just heard on the news that security guards are stopping MMU students leaving their halls of residence. I know the halls have been asked to isolate but I didn’t know they could not leave. As this is against the law, can anyone confirm this?
I'd imagine so. It applies to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.