steve marriott

Saw Humble Pie at Free Trade Hall, he was immense. They had to lay a plastic sheet down because he kept gobbing. The support band were Heavy Metal Kids with Gary Holton on vocals, both of them were to die tragically.
Same as me then, although the backing was Peter Frampton, as he'd just left the band. Early 1970s iirc. Remember the sheeting, though.

Seeing the "Black Coffee" video reminds me of me and my two mates' holiday to Lloret in 1973.
We were passing a record shop when Phil, who was the Humble Pie fan, saw a single by the group titled "Cafe Negro" and bought it without listening to it, thinking it would be in Spanish. When he played it at home, it was he English version!

Great see a lot of love for Small Faces.I wasn't born till late 70s but reckon i would have been Small Faces fan if I had been on the go. Can't outdo choices already shared Afterglow and Wham bam...personal favourites.Seen Ocean Colour Scene cover Tin Soldier and Song of a Baker n do them justice.

To answer the OP imho I don't think he did get recognition he deserved. Cheers all for video shares too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.