It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I totally agree on that. Our offensive players aren’t pressing from the front like they used to. Jesus works tirelessly, and has many many flaws, but he’s the only one that presses in a mould similar to 17-19 standards. And doing that is totally pointless when it’s a one man press as it gets played through. Let alone creatively, as soon as ideas are lost, cross, move and hope for the best. There’s no fluidity in much of the attack anymore. That trademark tap in is gone. And the problem solving is almost gone. There’s no denying how bad it is at the back, but the top end get away with so much criticism too.
Yet we still scored the most goals last season if any team.

You get what you pay for, especially when you have to replace the legends that we have lost/losing recently.

We have replaced with lesser players, hence the decline and other teams catching us rapidly.

And after Pep's time in Germany he should have known lots of top young players over there.

When we signed Sane, I was pretty excited that Pep was going to exploit his time spent in Germany, but it wasn't to be.

France, Germany and Holland were the pools to be fishing perhaps more in, a direct correlation with the respective national teams upward trajectories.

Spain and Italy have issues both from a quality and pricing perspectives, hence why Portugal has been seen as an easier league to get deals over the line because of our relationship to Mendes.

When we signed Sane, I was pretty excited that Pep was going to exploit his time spent in Germany, but it wasn't to be.

France, Germany and Holland were the pools to be fishing perhaps more in, a direct correlation with the respective national teams upward trajectories.

Spain and Italy have issues both from a quality and pricing perspectives, hence why Portugal has been seen as an easier league to get deals over the line because of our relationship to Mendes.

We should deffo be shopping in France more.

The national team is ridiculously full of talent, not to mention Lyon comfortably beat us.

That Lyon left-back looked good against us as well.

Or maybe players would have done better at City than elsewhere? Sanchez has been brilliant in Italy, and joins a long list of players who went to United with big reputations, did awfully, and have been back to their best since leaving.

Must admit i've always thought "what if" with Sanchez,never batted an eyelid at others,but deffo think bullet dodged with most,especially Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.