#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we blaming him for letting in penalties now? Fuck me, how about we stop giving them away instead? The difference between him and "average" is literally him saving his next penalty. It's a tiny sample size

Pretty much every shot goes in. Bravo was vilified for the same thing, but Ederson inexplicably gets away with it. Great with his feet though.

Maybe we should play him as a 6 and i'm only half joking.

Because Bravo doesn’t look like a member of MS13, or have a novelty left foot.

Steffen will be our #1 by next season IMO - Ederson was ok in a dominant team, but now we’re actually in competitive games, we need someone who’s got the capacity to make saves they shouldn’t.

Steffen will be our #1 by next season IMO - Ederson was ok in a dominant team, but now we’re actually in competitive games, we need someone who’s
I think if Pep were to leave Edersons position would be in doubt. There are several good keepers in the premier league. Be interesting to see how Steffen plays

Whilst there are many better shot-stoppers around, his distribution is far and away the best in the game.

It doesn’t help that we invariably give up at least two golden opportunities per game.

Ederson stops more goals than he is expected to based on xG which is a pretty good measure of these things.

You are crazy if you think Ederson is going to be anything other than our first choice goalkeeper for years.Don't know if its yanks getting giddy theyve got a boy in the squad or people just looking for a scapegoat.

Amazing how he won the golden glove considering his defence is apparently a ton of shit and he cant save anything.

Last edited:
Don’t think it’s actually spoken about enough these days, but it genuinely seems like every shot against us is a goal. Most of the chat is about the back four, but Ederson seems to be making very few actual saves

The past two seasons Champions League eliminations have been prime examples of his mediocrity as an allegedly elite keeper - compare it to Hart on European nights.

To make progress in/win that competition, we’re going to need someone who can produce saves that they shouldn’t make; luckily, I think Steffen looks like he can do the obligatory sweeping up and distribution, while also providing a level of default shot-stopping and security that unsteady Eddy doesn’t.

Pretty much every shot goes in. Bravo was vilified for the same thing, but Ederson inexplicably gets away with it. Great with his feet though.

Maybe we should play him as a 6 and i'm only half joking.

Over the last 18 months, when an attacker bears down on goal or has a chance, I’m now at the point where I just expect it to hit the back of the net. Partly for our luck, and partly because he’s rarely a match winning goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.