#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For how Pep is using him I agree, he is not suited at all. I don't know why Pep keeps insisting with it, its like he is deliberately trying to expose him.

I think Rodri in a midfield 3 of KDB and Fernandinho is fine, my choice would be Aouar but doesnt look like thats happening.

Rodri up against Barnes, Mendy, Tielemans, Praet and so on by himself is a car crash. Even worse when you think that if you get past Rodri you only then have to beat the tortoise that is Garcia. Hoping Dias goes someway to resolving that RCB issue that has plagued us. I think we have to accept that Walker is unlikely to always be able to get back and cover because of how far up the field that Pep plays him. Garcia, Stones and Fernandinho all far too slow or passive at RCB and we have been exposed every time.
And being exposed every time is
That goes back to last summer and the, why buy him in the first place argument?

I’m no scout but the issues where there last ore season in Japan. Me first words were ‘he’s fucking slow’

What do we do, protect him, stick him at centre back or try and off load him(unlikely) - the whole balance of a very successful side has been changed by him. Not entirely his fault, of course but because of his limitations we are scratching round looking for solutions
not his fault but it’s true, but his presence has upset the balance and we’re all feeling more and more that he’s not the man to replace Fernandinho.
And the upset in balance has changed our mentality also. In previous seasons we never looked beaten. Lately when we concede, we shit ourselves. There’s a frailty setting in and it needs to be rectified. It doesn’t help the mentality issues when the players feel the refs are against them too.

...without the injury woes.

I’d say he’s more like Javi Garcia but with greater technical ability.
This dawned on me last week, I wanted to hold back but yup, he’s reminding me a lot like Javi Garcia, no pace, not enough steel, too easily beaten. And a defence which isn’t blessed with pace or strong enough being exposed halfway up the pitch behind him.
The system worked but I don’t think we have the right personnel for it right now. That plus teams have had time to work it out. Why can’t we? It’s frustrating to say the least. I think he’s better than Garcia but offers the problems. I’d love to see Rodri prove us wrong but I don’t think he will unfortunately.

He’s created a problem for us that we didn’t need

the system we play only required one pivot , not two

the question is , is he good enough to change the system around to accommodate him

the other question is, do we not need to sign this player to play alongside him as Fernandinho doesn’t have much left in the tank

the final question is that if Pep is off next season is it worth buying players to fill this roll

poor scouting has meant we have signed a player who is class but not suited to our system

Not a player this team needs whatsoever.

He’s not a good enough passer of the ball, he’s not quick enough and he doesn’t have the desire (just look at his fucking pathetic jogging back for Maddison’s goal, if I’d been in the ground I’d have gone in the pitch and slapped him round the back of the head for that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Give over. How exposed has pep’s decision to take ferna off left him? The only other mid on the pitch is KDB. They didn’t get through the middle of us once in the first half.
Exposed?! Are you hearing yourself? We've played 3 years with 1 DM and KDB & David silva ahead of them and it worked out great because they could RUN. Because that DM bothered running back. Now suddenly a 70m defensive midfielder operating alone is leaving them exposed? Give me a break.

He knows how to break play,doesnt mind the dirty stuff,and he can pass the ball,but essentially not enough pace or mobility to be first choice.

Another strange buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.