It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody had a decent game after the first half an hour, yesterday. We have to defend from the front and stop the outball. Until that happens, we could have Kompany back, surrounded by Baresi, Maldini and Ramos, and we would still be vulnerable to a pacy counter.

3 at the back - Laporte flanked by Ake and Dias. Stones/ walker/ fern able to deputise.

Always 1 of the 3 able to step into DM when we play lesser teams.

Would only need 1 DM with that back 3.

Wing backs choices would be obvious-but liked Jesus in that role on the left vs madrid.

Attacking midfield covered by what we have.

Conclusion: we need a striker. We should buy Milik. Purely due to the fact that he has the best first name ever!

Genuine question, could the club have financial reasons for not paying over the odds for players? I don't understand business dealings but with Covid and not knowing when things will return to normal could they be thinking ahead to cover us so we don't take such a hit financially? Has anyone really spent other than Chelsea from what I understand they already had that money due to their ban. Lots of fans are talking big money transfers but not many clubs seem to be buying. I just wondered whether clubs feel now isn't the time to go mad.

It’s really quite sad the extent to which Mendy has been affected by the injuries, he’s a shadow of what he was. I’m almost always surprised when he manages to control the ball and retain possession. His crossing ability has completely disappeared.

Between Dias, Ake, Laporte back to 100% and a new lb it would give a massive boost to the team. Hope we have a couple of surprises up our sleeves.

It might also give Mendy time to get back to something like his old self. He undoubtedly felt under pressure to come back and help the team as our only proper left back. A spell on the sidelines, improving in training, and a bit of competition never hurts.

I wouldn’t give up on him yet and it’d hurt to see him delivering elsewhere.

Genuine question, could the club have financial reasons for not paying over the odds for players? I don't understand business dealings but with Covid and not knowing when things will return to normal could they be thinking ahead to cover us so we don't take such a hit financially? Has anyone really spent other than Chelsea from what I understand they already had that money due to their ban. Lots of fans are talking big money transfers but not many clubs seem to be buying. I just wondered whether clubs feel now isn't the time to go mad.
Good point and probably a reason for the change in direction in terms of trasfers.

Covid is not going away anytime soon and if and when it does the world after is going to be a very different place for everyone of us.

Money is going to be in short supply, tv deals will suffer as will attendances.

Reality check for football.

It might also give Mendy time to get back to something like his old self. He undoubtedly felt under pressure to come back and help the team as our only proper left back. A spell on the sidelines, improving in training, and a bit of competition never hurts.

He wont.
Once u are back from ACL injury very very few maintain the status they were before. Sad Mendy has lost his all. We cannot count on him anymore. Now the hope is on Ake, cancelo as LB.

He's had over 12 months to get up to speed, the club has shown incredible patience with him and he has worked incredibly hard during that time, unfortunately two serious knee injuries have destroyed him.

Feel for the guy but sadly I don't think he will ever get back to to elite level fitness and condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.