Is left back really a problem?

David Alaba seems to be uncertain as to his future. We should be all over this. Test their resolve and pay him well, he'd be a sensational buy. A leader and solves a host of problems in the squad at once.

He wants £400k a week and as far as I'm aware, LB is no longer his favoured position.

If Mendy is there it is. I have nothing against him but we should have sold him in the summer. He is too slow for our style of play

For starters he has already been tapped up by Raiola, has already made the Netherlands national squad, and for those who haven't seen him play, they can verify his stats of being very good offensively and defensively from scouting reports. I've followed AZ casually because they were very good last season and play expansive football, him along with 2-3 others in that team have a big future. Shame our scouts don't hunt these out quicker as you said.
We don't eve know what our scouts do. Simply failures tonslit talent early and cheap

If Mendy is there it is. I have nothing against him but we should have sold him in the summer. He is too slow for our style of play

Who's going to buy Mendy off the back of 2 knee injuries, poor form and earning a massive wage at City?

It's not easy to sell our unwanted players.

Sorry but Mendy isn't the player we originally signed for whatever reason that injury has seen him decline. Maybe when Dias and Laporte arrive and up and running Ake at LB may resolve a lot of our issues but for me Mendy should not be starting as LB.

it seems we have to pay what ever he wants for alaba. He fits out LB, DMF and CB positions all by himself. He wants to play in Midfield.

its a combination of Mendy being wank and his lack of athleticism brought to fore by him being instructed to play so high up the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.