It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern yes psg maybe but neither have the finance in place, barcelona not a chance. We aren’t that far from winning it because we aren’t the crap team full of crap players you think we are.
Who said are players are crap, you words not mine.

I said we are a long way from wining the Champions League , EVEN if we had Messi in this side.

We concede goals for fun against poor opposition, Bayern would rip us a new one at will.

Absolute crap, Kolo Toure was finished when he joined us, terrible signing, Johnson was average, Savic a young kid with great potential, Bellamy I agree would possibly get on the bench but more likely be trying to have a fight with Pep.
Kolo was not the kolo of Arsenal I agree 100% but he never made errors like Stones has last season - the collapse vs Villa in cup final? Do you think he would have defended like Garcia at weekend? I’m not a great Bellamy fan honestly I’m not but his work rate and fight would be a god send in this squad and he’d look better because he’d be with better players. Johnson was a decent player for us imho. Savic became a very good defender my point was that he again would get in before Garcia/Stones because he would actually be fit, aggressive and defend. The post I was responding to was someone claiming those players were disasters for City bought by Cook. Tbf they were all better buys than many of Txixi’s efforts that’s my point. None as disastrous as Bony or Mangala for instance. And none cost an outrageous fee.

Savic, Johnson, Bellamy and Kolo would all get in this team. Kolo better than stones and Garcia. So is Savic. Bellamy better than Jesus or Mahrez. Johnson the paedo was a decent player for us and a big part of first prem win. Boateng was a class player and proved it god knows what went on with him but again he’s better than Stones and Garcia so he’s get in this team.
Goodness me. When anger clouds judgement, this is the result.

We defeated ourselves yet again, that was no masterclass by Brenda.

I really hope we have got this humiliation out of our system, get motivated and go on a run similar to after Everton defeat and the 14 game continous run after Newcastle defeat.

It looks tough.... But we will be out of the title race already if we don't buckle up!

It's not even our press which is the fundamental problem, even if the intensity of it isn't what is once was.

The problem is now the press from the other teams.

They have stopped doing it to us, allowing our backline to retain the ball and not create a spare man.

Rodgers admitted as much. Save their energy for the breakdown and hit hard and fast.

Stands to reason, our defence have been allowed to come out fifty yards from goal.

The fundamental reason also why Ederson is never in the game now, apart from picking the ball out of the net.

Our system won't change, but that's the nub of it.

Same with any decent big-hitting boxer, just be wary of their best shot and stay in the fight.

It's not even our press which is the fundamental problem, even if the intensity of it isn't what is once was.

The problem is now the press from the other teams.

They have stopped doing it to us, allowing our backline to retain the ball and not create a spare man.

Rodgers admitted as much. Save their energy for the breakdown and hit hard and fast.

Stands to reason, our defence have been allowed to come out fifty yards from goal.

The fundamental reason also why Ederson is never in the game now, apart from picking the ball out of the net.

Our system won't change, but that's the nub of it.

Same with any decent big-hitting boxer, just be wary of their best shot and stay in the fight.

Totally agree, and why we have to adapt. We can no longer take the same approach to condense a team in there own half

We need to start bring teams onto us and into our own half.

Yes the same way may work against some of the fodder, but even those teams still manage to create chances - just a lack of quality lets them down in the counter or finishing

We have lost that aura of fear we used to give to the opposition before even stepping onto the pitch. The players confidence gets knocked when we concede, something that never used to happen

This is a huge season for different reasons

I really hope we have got this humiliation out of our system, get motivated and go on a run similar to after Everton defeat and the 14 game continous run after Newcastle defeat.

It looks tough.... But we will be out of the title race already if we don't buckle up!
We have to get in the trenches and learn how to defend and fight for the cause, back to basics and then build up some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.