How do you assess our transfer business?

Laporte is a good player but I wouldn’t consider him world class yet. He has severely disappointed in the CL twice, and played a large part in our elimination. If he can bring his performance in those games, he will be world class.
Laporte seems to have struggled to recover his form and pace since returning from injury. Also think it will not help he has not had a proper pre-season.
No doubt we need him fully fit !

The fact this discussion even exists, and the differing but numerous valid opinions on why it hasn't been that good suggests it has (so far, with a week to go) been disappointing.

If we'd addressed the left back issue, signed someone in midfield with lots of energy and a fast attacker along with Ake and/or Dias then it would have been excellent.

I thought the club was genuinely ambitious to win back the title and win the CL, but it must be obvious we haven't signed high enough quality to do that since losing Silva and Vinny, and with Kun and Fern injured and ageing. Should have gone for proper A list top calibre players to replace those.

Piss poor. We have this habit of starting a summer strongly before absolutely dithering. It's criminal to go into a new season with only Ake and Torres as new signings.

Why we didn't get quality in DM , an new striker to lift the spirit in the dressing room ( we had 4 under RM ) and a LB defies belief especially given the jammed season , the fact that Kun is suspect and nearing the end , Ferny way past his best and too slow to work with the likes of another snail like Gundy or Rodri.

You live in hope that at least one more signing can come in before the window shuts ( Dias excluded ) but there is not much to get excited about after Kaldoon's promise of a number of signings before Oct 5.

Maybe he was referring to Oct 5 2022.

I think we are worse placed than in MP's last year particularly when the players then knew Pep was coming in the next season with a large cloud hanging over Pep's commitment beyond this year.

Notwithstanding his personal loss he has never looked so flat and I fear he has lost his mojo.

Lets hope I am wrong.

We need someone to come in and energize the squad...

Hopefully Bernardo can be that guy if we're unable to sign anyone in that area.

4/10

Idk how I feel about it, especially with the news breaking that aouar wants to come here

We've wasted, and continue to waste, an awful lot of money on unproven foreign shite.

We seem to have a complete blind spot on our own leagues that's difficult to understand and even harder to justify. Thankfully Ake was purchased and across his contract I have no doubt will be a solid buy. As for Torres, well I have my doubts and do we really need another player from the Portuguese Leagues?

We've wasted, and continue to waste, an awful lot of money on unproven foreign shite.

We seem to have a complete blind spot on our own leagues that's difficult to understand and even harder to justify. Thankfully Ake was purchased and across his contract I have no doubt will be a solid buy. As for Torres, well I have my doubts and do we really need another player from the Portuguese Leagues?
All we can do is keep those fingers crossed mate

Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Bernardo, Ederson. Even the Goat was from Bermuda and wee Dicky was a Scotsman.

All that matters is that city's 1st team has good players.

Pretty sure we are just offloading before we buy. I'm still pretty certain at least lb will be resolved. When mendy gave the pen away pep looked at the bench and was casually giving it the gesture he was gone with his thumb. I trust that lb will be solved and either a cm or a mobile cdm like Douglas Luiz will arrive before the season is done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.