The Arteta factor

Interesting that Arteta does not give a shit of Arsenal's preferred style, they dont dominate games and spend the game attacking anymore,happy to play counter, even vs WHU recently and in all bigger games of course.

Probably he saw that current squad would be unable to play top level possession football and due to defence it would be easy to punish them, so he is opting a much more reactive tactics, I wonder Arsenal fans get tired of it or they are happy as long as it keeps close very close to 4th place.

At least they have some kind of plan, which they did not have in Wenger last years and under Emery.

Clearly Arteta is way more defensive manager than Pep, probably they were a good duo to complement each other. Hope Lillo guy is having some good input tactically too doesnt look like it so far but lets see how it goes...

I think one of the biggest things we miss from Arteta is probably that leadership of the team. I remember reading a lot about how he would work closely with individuals and help them to improve the weaknesses in their games. Couple that with the loss of a leader like VInny and a guy like Silva who was a leader by example in the dressing room and its a quite a loss in terms of dressing room leadership.

This just means its time for the likes of Walker, Laporte, KDB etc to step up and be leaders in the squad.

Yes many players said how much Arteta helped working on their game. Hope Lillo helps them as well, does he speak English?

I think that Mikel Arteta has taken a step backwards in taking on the job at Arsenal. Is it me or are Arsenal playing just the same as they were under their previous manager Unai Emery. It looks like Mikel will have to sell the whole of the 1st team squad at Arsenal before they will improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.