It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lad's tweet is nonsense. Especially the bit about a 'big' signing.

Even them trying to get a left back feels like something to appease someone rather than any real concerted effort. Lets be honest, Zinchenko can be left in the stands, you don't NEED to sell him to buy a left back. So if you're telling me it can only happen if Zin leaves, you're not that invested in getting one in.

Sorry, feeling very cynical today about the 'noise' and that's baring in mind that the bloke who I know in the offices who told me Friday late afternoon Dias was done, is saying today that they're trying to get a left back and the money is available.

Even them trying to get a left back feels like something to appease someone rather than any real concerted effort. Lets be honest, Zinchenko can be left in the stands, you don't NEED to sell him to buy a left back. So if you're telling me it can only happen if Zin leaves, you're not that invested in getting one in.

Sorry, feeling very cynical today about the 'noise' and that's baring in mind that the bloke who I know in the offices who told me Friday late afternoon Dias was done, is saying today that they're trying to get a left back and the money is available.
Don`t believe the big signing bit, but LB seems possible. You don`t happen to know any of our targets by any chance? Tolmie seems to be hinting at Tagliafico and an Argentinian journalist mentioned it about a month ago

It's not even our press which is the fundamental problem, even if the intensity of it isn't what is once was.

The problem is now the press from the other teams.

They have stopped doing it to us, allowing our backline to retain the ball and not create a spare man.

Rodgers admitted as much. Save their energy for the breakdown and hit hard and fast.

Stands to reason, our defence have been allowed to come out fifty yards from goal.

The fundamental reason also why Ederson is never in the game now, apart from picking the ball out of the net.

Our system won't change, but that's the nub of it.

Same with any decent big-hitting boxer, just be wary of their best shot and stay in the fight.
Our greatest ever Manager is going to have to find the solution! We will all know then for sure if he's up to it

Don`t believe the big signing bit, but LB seems possible. You don`t happen to know any of our targets by any chance? Tolmie seems to be hinting at Tagliafico and an Argentinian journalist mentioned it about a month ago

I've heard Tagliafico too, but honestly it could be anyone. It could be no one. I'd caution everyone from getting too invested in the idea of a lB coming in. My feeling is that by tomorrow night Pep will be saying "our business is done" and the club will be briefing the same.

I've heard Tagliafico too, but honestly it could be anyone. It could be no one. I'd caution everyone from getting too invested in the idea of a lB coming in. My feeling is that by tomorrow night Pep will be saying "our business is done" and the club will be briefing the same.

Let's hope we sign 3 today then hahaha

Seems to be some very strange politics at City. We were ‘gung ho‘ after the legal victory and seemed to have a number of targets... we then got giddy re Messi and shut up shop. Our pursuit of a CB has been erratic if all the reported targets are genuine and I can’t fathom why we are chasing a last minute left back when the need has been glaringly obvious for some time. I wonder whether Pep has indicated he wants out and if we are holding back for a different coach later in the season. City are usually very strategic and methodical in our transfer business but we have been anything but this summer... something has changed and doesn’t feel quite right. Since I read Pep didn’t even go in the dressing room after the Lyon defeat I’ve had it in my head that he’s not here for long. I might be wrong but things certainly feel different at City right now.

We got 198 points in 2 seasons without a left back. Pep won everything for 4 years with a CB filling in at LB at Barca.

Aké is a much better option at LB than Delph or Zinchenko. Cancelo can play there if you need a bit more attacking output.

Fernandinho could play the inverted LB role which would mean he's sitting next to Rodri 80% of the game and doing a bit of 1v1 defending out wide the rest of it - something he can do easily.

Sort out the midfield and everything else falls into place.
I liked Delph at Left back,he was pivotal to our success when Pep deployed him there,so i wouldn't say we have achieved without one.
Otherwise,all fair comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.