Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh we got played. AGAIN.

Standard with this ****. Wasted 2 weeks of our transfer window trying to organise funds to get it ready and he never really had an intention to come. Was always to try get Barca to "wake up" or "sack the board"

Totally agree but those who don’t will call you a rag or a dipper !!

Would love to know how exatly city were "played" to those crowing about being right. and taking pleasure in proving others wrong.

He didn't get a new contract or more money, he's still playing at Barca, barty isn't leaving yet, shit team, lost his friends etc,
city meanwhile didn't express intrest beyond "Well of course we'd like to sign messi, who wouldn't?" - Okay we didn't sign another striker but we didn't seem to be actively looking before that or since so we've not really lost time. We've also completed deals for two cb's and a midfielder so we've still done our business

How exactly were we played?

And the cheek of some posters to claim City fans don't also turn on players/transfers like a jilted lover when things aren't going their way

Messi is playing his cards close to his chest which is smart, waiting to see how things play out and now saying all the right things to maintain some harmony for the season while a major board shakeup is imminent that could cause a chain reaction in many areas of the club

His contract remains what it has been, he can walk for free in June (Including negotiate with another club in January). All he has done is call for some calm in the wake of a chaotic summer - he's refuted nothing & has not pledged to end his career at Barca

Of course, knee jerkers will continue jerking in any event

I feel the Messi Mambo sucked us all in and chewed us out. Including the club. We were distracted by the possibility of signing the best ever player to grace the game, however our priority was, or should have always been, a left back and CB.

We’ve signed a CB now, who im happy with and think will be a good signing, but I also think it’s fair to say he wasn’t our first or even second choice.

Will we sign a left back? Who knows.

The club has dropped the ball on this window though.

Would love to know how exatly city were "played" to those crowing about being right. and taking pleasure in proving others wrong.

He didn't get a new contract or more money, he's still playing at Barca, barty isn't leaving yet, shit team, lost his friends etc,
city meanwhile didn't express intrest beyond "Well of course we'd like to sign messi, who wouldn't?" - Okay we didn't sign another striker but we didn't seem to be actively looking before that or since so we've not really lost time. We've also completed deals for two cb's and a midfielder so we've still done our business

How exactly were we played?

We got played because the whole thing was to generate those votes to get him out. Its all BS again. Last time we got played for a bigger contract/more control.

I feel the Messi Mambo sucked us all in and chewed us out. Including the club. We were distracted by the possibility of signing the best ever player to grace the game, however our priority was, or should have always been, a left back and CB.

We’ve signed a CB now, who im happy with and think will be a good signing, but I also think it’s fair to say he wasn’t our first or even second choice.

How so?
If KK was first choice we could of signed him, he’s still available. Dias in as makes more financial sense, and he’s an upgrade.
Left back, I can only think of chilwell who has moved.
So with the transfer window open still, I’m struggling to see how a bollock has been dropped. That’s not to say we don’t still need 1 or 2 more, but window still open.

The fans were no doubt distracted but do you really think that Txiki et al just stopped all other activity? You can't honestly believe that we did the Dias deal in just 2 weeks? These things take months and months to sort.

Why is it 'fair to say' that he wasn't first choice? We don't have a list and work our way down it until we strike lucky, that would take forever if the first couple prove to be busts and the window would shut long before we got the right man. They'll have a list of potential targets and they will all be investigated at the same time, they'll then decide which suits us best and judge whether it's actually doable.

Txiki and the rest aren't fans, they're consummate professionals.

The fans were no doubt distracted but do you really think that Txiki et al just stopped all other activity? You can't honestly believe that we did the Dias deal in just 2 weeks? These things take months and months to sort.

Why is it 'fair to say' that he wasn't first choice? We don't have a list and work our way down it until we strike lucky, that would take forever if the first couple prove to be busts and the window would shut long before we got the right man. They'll have a list of potential targets and they will all be investigated at the same time, they'll then decide which suits us best and judge whether it's actually doable.

Correct

I think we are one of the best run clubs but I don’t agree with everything you’ve just said.

It’s well known we list transfer targets in priority order. That doesn’t mean we won’t do our due diligence on choice number 3 for example.

Equally some transfers do literally take two weeks to pull off. Some even only a few days. But others months. I’m not saying we didn’t scout Dias throughly, I’m saying he wasn’t our number 1 CB option and we moved for him later than we courted Koulibaly for example. Whether this was because of messi or not we will never know and yes, that’s me theorising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.